Second Skin Audio

aero port box question

RobertR

Have some questions about a new trunk box build. its for 2 Sa-12's on around 1800 watts. It will be sealed off. The biggest I can go is 16 inches tall, 32 inches wide, and 20.5 inches deep and still be able to get the box out of my trunk. Gross volume is 4.86 cubes. Car peaks at 42 hz. I was wondering if it were possible run an aero port/s so I could change tuning for competitions. I was hoping to run closer to 35 hz tuning for daily and then bump it up to 42 hz for competitions. Or am I way off base with this line of thinking.

I suppose I can build it larger if I build the damn thing in my trunk. (even though I promised myself I would by a different car before ever building a box inside my trunk again) I am willing to give up every square inch of my trunk if I have to. The width and height would stay the same but depth at most can be 27 inches.

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

Okay so aero port would work for what im wanting. Now its just a matter of finding what size of port and how many I will need to get 35 to 37 hz daily and then up to 42 hz for competition.

If anybody were willing to jump on torres and come up with a design for me I might be willing to compensate them for their time.

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

There has to be somebody willing to help me design an aero port box and make a little cash.

joe X?

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

Archived