Second Skin Audio

Port Placement on Wall

Herokight

I reeeeeaaaaaaallly want to build a wall next chance I get. It's gonna be awhile off, but I'm trying to do plenty of research before hand. My question is what is the difference port placement makes in a wall's performance? At the moment I'm not really looking to squeeze numbers, just looking to get loud and demo. If my plan goes through, I'd have two rows of woofers, so I'm considering the port going left to right, either top, middle, or bottom. If I choose to go this route, will it matter where I put it?

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

I'm looking at getting a truck for this. Probably a Chevy 2500 extended cab.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

if you are going with a port from left to right, i would do port on top, those sound VERY nice for demos, still a bigger fan of center vertical port tho :P

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

if you are going with a port from left to right, i would do port on top, those sound VERY nice for demos, still a bigger fan of center vertical port tho :P

Center from top to bottom? I really don't know what to do with my port, honestly. It's... different.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

Archived