-X-RaTeD- Posted April 19, 2013 Report Posted April 19, 2013 According to the guy at Lowes, they do not make copper bolts... which I guess makes sense since pure copper is a really soft metal, wouldn't be able to torque em down too hard without stripping them. So I picked up the zinc bolts and nuts. I was just curious what metal other people use for their box terminals, or if maybe there is a better choice that is more conductive. When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest. ~Henry David Thoreau
tacomaguy1 Posted April 19, 2013 Report Posted April 19, 2013 I use the cheapest shit they have...works good for 11k Team Flex Issues
mrd6 Posted April 19, 2013 Report Posted April 19, 2013 I've always liked to use the brass machine screw bolts and nuts. Brass is a copper alloy with good conductivity and corrosion resistance. My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
HunterJohnson Posted April 19, 2013 Report Posted April 19, 2013 I use Home Depots aluminum bolts 1/4 inch. F'nk awesome Scion tC SQ BuildiPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily drivenFord Explorer C Pillar Wall Build Just a cheap car to destroy with bass
-X-RaTeD- Posted April 19, 2013 Author Report Posted April 19, 2013 Damn, they didn't have aluminum bolts at my Lowes. People use so many type's, I wonder how much of a difference it makes, if any. I figure voice coils are usually made out of copper or aluminum so wanted one or the other. Guess I shouldn't have a problem with the zinc bolts though. When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest. ~Henry David Thoreau
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.