jason2000ls Posted April 20, 2013 Report Posted April 20, 2013 just as the title states im looking to build a vented enclosure for 2 w7s. i dont wanna really go with the specs jl lists, the box seems way too small. i have roughly 7 cubes net displacment. wanting to tune to 30 hz. anyone out there that could help me design a box?? all i really need is displacment necessary as well as port dimensions. if theres any info ive missed lemme kno. i dont really kno how to use win isd.. i want it to get low. subs are currently in 2.3 cuft ea sealed, sounds good but lacks power. they recieving 1500 watts rms. its going in trunk of 2000 lincoln ls subs facing forward. any help is always greatly appreciated
teamace24 Posted April 20, 2013 Report Posted April 20, 2013 Ive made a box for a buddy with these exact subs, he too went from a sealed. These things were on 2400rms total and were extremely loud yet clearer than most subs ive heard. Go with 2.5 cubes net each so 5 cubes net, tune to 33-35hz these things will hit lows very well dont worry about going with 35-36hz especially if you listen to a variety of music. 1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31
Joe X Posted April 21, 2013 Report Posted April 21, 2013 just as the title states im looking to build a vented enclosure for 2 w7s. i dont wanna really go with the specs jl lists, the box seems way too small. i have roughly 7 cubes net displacment. wanting to tune to 30 hz. anyone out there that could help me design a box?? all i really need is displacment necessary as well as port dimensions. if theres any info ive missed lemme kno. i dont really kno how to use win isd.. i want it to get low. subs are currently in 2.3 cuft ea sealed, sounds good but lacks power. they recieving 1500 watts rms. its going in trunk of 2000 lincoln ls subs facing forward. any help is always greatly appreciated Yes some infos, max dims for a box and amp model.
jason2000ls Posted April 21, 2013 Author Report Posted April 21, 2013 Dimensions are 15 high 30 wide 36 depth . Trying to fit it facing forward so when back seats are down subs face forward . Amp is alpine mrx m240 @ 1.5ohm . Gain no where near where it should be . (Much lower)
jason2000ls Posted April 21, 2013 Author Report Posted April 21, 2013 I have mores space if I wanna get creative . All I really need to know is net displacement and port dimensions. . I'm well aware ill have to add my own driver displacement , bracing , and port displacement . 30 hz tune ideal
jason2000ls Posted April 21, 2013 Author Report Posted April 21, 2013 Basically what I'm saying is I can figure everything out other then how many cuft I need common chamber (both drivers share space) and what the port dimensions are to achieve a 30 hz tune .
RobertR Posted April 21, 2013 Report Posted April 21, 2013 Do you have the w7's yet? BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD re xxx components re 6.5 FR's 2 RE XXX 12's 2 US amps MD3D's 2 batcap 4k's
jason2000ls Posted April 21, 2013 Author Report Posted April 21, 2013 Yes I do have them . As well as amplifier, before you guys spread me on buying overpriced gear , I got the 2 12w7s for 200 bucks and the amp for 300.. No way in hell I'd pay retail for subs, there's better out there for that kind of money. I must say I'm impressed by These drivers. No mechanical noise what so ever, and they get very low in a large sealed box... Just takes way too much power to get em moving .
jason2000ls Posted April 21, 2013 Author Report Posted April 21, 2013 Was gonna build this box today, non the less plans got cut short (snowing in mid April ) aiming to build it next Sunday/Monday. And yes I will take detailed pics of install at that time .
RobertR Posted April 23, 2013 Report Posted April 23, 2013 Yes I do have them . As well as amplifier, before you guys spread me on buying overpriced gear , I got the 2 12w7s for 200 bucks and the amp for 300.. No way in hell I'd pay retail for subs, there's better out there for that kind of money. I must say I'm impressed by These drivers. No mechanical noise what so ever, and they get very low in a large sealed box... Just takes way too much power to get em moving Nothing wrong with JL. I ran w6' and w7's for a long time. They make some of the best sounding gear out there provided they are in the right box. Sorry that came off sounding like a setup. Was going to ask if you went with the 12's or the 13's. I had really good luck with 2.5 cubes each for the 12's and 2.7 cubes each for the 13's. BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD re xxx components re 6.5 FR's 2 RE XXX 12's 2 US amps MD3D's 2 batcap 4k's
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.