Big Electrical Questions

I'm planning a big build next, and although it may be a long ways away I'm trying to get my research done. The truck I'm planning on is a Chevy 2500HD. Not sure if I'll try to get one with the 6.0L Vortec or the 6.6L Duramax Diesel.

The plan for equipment will be:

2 RF T2 6.5 component sets

4 RF Pro 8 midbass

6 AA Mayhem 15s

3 RF Punch 500.2

6 RF 2500bdcp

My main questions are:

How many d3100s would be enough for the wattage? I'm figuring on 12, MAYBE 14.

How would I go about installing quad alts and regulators? I know quad alt brackets are made for both of those engines, but I can't find a good explanation anywhere. I can't find anyone using them on the diesel at all.

I know a build this big is going to be a huge task, but that's why I'm trying to get all of my research done way ahead of time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

I looked again and was mistaken. There is no quad alt bracket for the diesel, only h/o alts. Wishful thinking. I realize the alts are just bolt on, but I still can't really find a whole lot on regulator wiring.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

There are tons of people with more experience than me in electrical especially for a setup like that.

I would say.....Start here:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/69019-xs-power-battery-wattage-guide/page-8?hl=%2Bpower+%2Bwattage+%2Bguide#entry2418258

and then here:

http://singeralternators.com/

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Those are two things I totally missed. I was going off the amp hour rating of the batts. Thanks man!

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

Archived