decent alternator ? remy.

hey guys i was looking online just to mess around and i came across this little alternator.

my system includes 1 skar 1500 and 1 skar 85.4 so im pushing 2k watts.

i currently am running stock alternator, big 5 done, 2 deka 9a34m batts.

my stock alt is 60 amps. and old as shit.

i have a 2000 subaru impreza 2.5

would this alternator be some what of a noticeable upgrade.

http://catalog.remyinc.com/Product/Details/94107

i dont plan on upgrading this car anymore when i go bigger it will be on a bigger car.

Guest DC Power Kyle

A really nice decent alternator with double the output can be found for 429. Don't waste your money on something that won't be worthwhile in the long run.

how did i know this was gana happen. shouldnt of even made this post. all i ment was that the stock alternator hold up find but i just came aross this alternator i could get for dirt cheap. like i said when i go bigger ill get bigger im only running 600 watts 1k max throghtout the day... i dont need no 500 dollar alternator,

hey guys i was looking online just to mess around and i came across this little alternator.

my system includes 1 skar 1500 and 1 skar 85.4 so im pushing 2k watts.

i currently am running stock alternator, big 5 done, 2 deka 9a34m batts.

my stock alt is 60 amps. and old as shit.

i have a 2000 subaru impreza 2.5

would this alternator be some what of a noticeable upgrade.

http://catalog.remyinc.com/Product/Details/94107

i dont plan on upgrading this car anymore when i go bigger it will be on a bigger car.

how did i know this was gana happen. shouldnt of even made this post. all i ment was that the stock alternator hold up find but i just came aross this alternator i could get for dirt cheap. like i said when i go bigger ill get bigger im only running 600 watts 1k max throghtout the day... i dont need no 500 dollar alternator,

well you originally stated you were running 2k watts.........

This is why you are getting higher suggestions

XS-power1.jpg

how low ur voltage drops now ?

and why dont u get something stronger to benefit more from what you already have ?

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

If u knew you would get these suggestions and told not to get the almost stock unit then why ask? You are better off going bigger on electrical..your 60amp is not good for 1k so no fucking way is it ok on 2k. This is not a place that you get a pat on the back for a decision less then ideal. You don't want opinions DONT ask.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived