Here are some pics of the smoker I built...we'll call it a dual chamber gravity feed reverse flow cooker. Only one in the world. The concepts are nothing new, but they havent been incorporated together before. Build time of about 6 weeks, 4 weeks of sitting there looking at a bunch of metal and thinking, 2 weeks of fab, not in that order lol.

Here is the firebox. 1/2" steel plate. It measures 10"x10"x12". The grate is 1" solid roundstock. The grate sits underneath the firebox.

"who cooks underneath a fire?" Lol, it will make more since here in a bit.

downloadfile.jpg

Very Nice !!!

Got a fairly nice size custom built grill myself (bought it, not built it) ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

At the back of the firebox is the fire/exhaust exit. Burning charcoal sits on the grate, heat and smoke exit through the jail cell looking hole.2011-04-26021022.jpg

Here it is in the basic skeleton of the cookerdownloadfile-2.jpg

Here I'm checking ride height with my Dubzzz..2011-04-28195259.jpg

On top of the firebox is the charcoal chute. This gets filled up with charcoal. From the grate shown earlier all the way up. Its tapered both directions to avoid blockage. As the charcoal at the grate is burning, it gets smaller. As the pieces fall through the grate, gravity feeds down more charcoal. Hence the "gravity feed" part. If it wasnt tapered, the coal could jam as it slides down the chute.

It's also important that the chute, and lid or door to the chute be air tight. Air gets to the burning coal/wood through the ashbox, and basically feeds the bottom of the fire. If the chute leaked air, the whole chute would want to go off.2011-04-30030518.jpg

The top panel of the chute hangs over both sides so it can attach to the cooking chamber walls. A cooking chamber on each side, like this..2011-04-30030543.jpg2011-05-01012031.jpg

Archived