Carbon Fiber. Use this forum to show off your custom parts

That thing is sick looking wow...seems like lots of steps but I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that end result

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 1 month later...

Sick work. What do you think about a CF reardeck baffle? How would i make a sheet stiff/rigid enough to support two 15s hanging down from it? Would i need a crazy amount of layers of CF? My first idea for my baffle was an aluminum plate, but i know i would run into issues of cutting/shaping a thick aluminum sheet. CF sheets can be modified like an abs plastic sheet right, like using routers/jigsaws? 

Also where do you order ur CF from? Ive been looking at the Fibre Glast site for materials.

7 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

Sick work. What do you think about a CF reardeck baffle? How would i make a sheet stiff/rigid enough to support two 15s hanging down from it? Would i need a crazy amount of layers of CF? My first idea for my baffle was an aluminum plate, but i know i would run into issues of cutting/shaping a thick aluminum sheet. CF sheets can be modified like an abs plastic sheet right, like using routers/jigsaws? 

Also where do you order ur CF from? Ive been looking at the Fibre Glast site for materials.

You can go many different ways. MDF Base with CF Overlay, or Fiberglass core (Several layers) topped off with 1 or 2 layers of CF. Here are some places to buy CF.

Composite Envisions

U.S. Composites.

Fiber Glast.

Easy Composites.

for 2 15's i would make the base out of MDF and cover the face up with CF. Carbon fiber can be cut into like ABS but you have to use a special blade.  Carbide Blades or Carbide tipped Router Bits.

The subs only weight 30-40 pounds each so theyre not super heavy. Im trying to leave mdf out of my build. I figured fiberglass core topped of with cf, is there any extra tricks i could do within the fiberglass core to keep it rigid? Ive heard adding a small diameter dal-rod or rope, so that the fiberglass has more curves, and the tight curves adds stregth? Just want to be sure it doesnt flex much with the weight and the vibrations when it plays. Thanks for helpin me out man. 

15 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

The subs only weight 30-40 pounds each so theyre not super heavy. Im trying to leave mdf out of my build. I figured fiberglass core topped of with cf, is there any extra tricks i could do within the fiberglass core to keep it rigid? Ive heard adding a small diameter dal-rod or rope, so that the fiberglass has more curves, and the tight curves adds stregth? Just want to be sure it doesnt flex much with the weight and the vibrations when it plays. Thanks for helpin me out man. 

That is one trick you can apply, another is adding what is called a honeycomb core sandwiched between the layers of fiberglass. it adds mass and strength without the weight. it can also be purchased in the same stores where you would get your fiberglass and CF from.  Look it up.

Archived