Sundown Audio

2000 watts with 4 gauge

gibblegeibel

OK i been looking amps recently since i sold mine and i have found amps that said they require 4 gauge for there power and ground. is it possible to use 4 gauge wire to get 1800-2000 watts out of an amp? i was just wondering since most amps that do 1800 to 2000 watts use 0 gauge wire.

yeah i wouldnt think a real 2000 rms amp didnt need 1/0 wire. maybe they just put a minimum rating for wire size would be my best guess.

or a crazy efficient amp that no one know about:p

and what were the amp models that only needed 4ga.?

Good lord sweet baby Jesus. Did you read the thread at all?

Bagged 1993 nissan hardbody

yeah i wouldnt think a real 2000 rms amp didnt need 1/0 wire. maybe they just put a minimum rating for wire size would be my best guess.

orion 2500d

dual 4 guage power and ground

amp will do 3000+

/ your theroy

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

orion 2500d

dual 4 guage power and ground

amp will do 3000+

/ your theroy

:ninja:

got me on the carification lol. completely slipped my mind also:p but as in single 4ga power/ground. that does true power

and amp has 2x40amp fuses. probably good for about 800rms give or take for the audiobaun

the mean machine is sold out but has 2x70 amp fuses on right electrical and wire it might do 1400 rms idk though

Good lord sweet baby Jesus. Did you read the thread at all?

Bagged 1993 nissan hardbody

Archived