Second Skin Audio

2 10's and 2 15's in the same vehicle.

Fuzzy336

So here is my question, im a huge kicker fan, I know alot of people hate on them, but I like they way the l7's sound.

So I had a 2004 tahoe and it started dying on me, I had 2 15" l7's in a 12^3ft box after displacement tuned to 32 hz running off of a kicker zx2500.1 amp and a kicker dx400.4 to 4 6.5" power bass pro audio mids and 4 cone tweeters, 1 of each per channel. Well I bought a new 2002 Tahoe and it came with 2 10" l7's in a ported box tuned to 40 Hz. I have an extra kicker dx1000.1 amp laying around from my last car before both of these tahoe's and while I loved the lows of the 15's, I wanted something to hit the higher bass notes on a comparable level as the 15's and not just the door speakers. Im in the process of moving everything over from the old tahoe to the new one, and I know everyone talks about sound cancellation, but sense all 4 subs are 2008 model 2 ohm l7's, could I not run the 10's and 15's together to use the 10's as a mid bass sort of thing?

I would set the zx2500.1 to 10-40 Hz response and the dx1000.1 to 40-200 Hz so the subs wouldn't be hitting the same notes per say, I have a friend with an oscilloscope who will properly set all of my gains to get the most out of the subs without damaging them, and just for relevance, I added 2 Stinger SPV44's in the trunk for the 3 amps.

So what do you guys think? would this work if I have the amp crossover's set to not play the same notes as each other? Or would this still be a bad idea? And It's not like im spending any money to do this sense I already have everything laying around, i just wanted to get everyones opinion on the matter.

Any and all responses welcome, just if the response is no or I wouldnt suggest it, please explain why so I can actually know the right answer, thanks!

My Youtube Channel

Trying to guess the SPL of a system with out a meter is like trying to guess how much air pressure is in a compressor tank just by letting some of the air out.

...Seems like 90 psi...

Would it work, yes. Would it sound bad? Yes!

Your gonna have 2 difference boxes, tuned to different hz. That is just stupid, it's gonna sound like shit. It's all in the box, reason why your Lacking higher bass? Your box is tuned lower. If you want best of both worlds then 38hz is a great tuning. I would sell those 10s and build a new box. Someone else will chime in, that's all I got for now

Would it work, yes. Would it sound bad? Yes!

Your gonna have 2 difference boxes, tuned to different hz. That is just stupid, it's gonna sound like shit. It's all in the box, reason why your Lacking higher bass? Your box is tuned lower. If you want best of both worlds then 38hz is a great tuning. I would sell those 10s and build a new box. Someone else will chime in, that's all I got for now

I agree. Your sub box makes the subs not the subs make the box. Changing the box on the 15s is a better thing to do overall.

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

Archived