newb1989 Posted April 29, 2013 Report Posted April 29, 2013 Ok I want to put 4 sa8v2s in my dakota club cab. Ive got 12"H x 46"L x 12"D to play with. I want subs and ports facing up. Doing vent style ports. I'd like each sub to have its own individual chamber/port. SA calls for .6-.75ft^3 per sub before displacement. Displacement is .08ft^3. What I'd like to know is how big should I make the ports to get tbe 35hz SA recommends for these? I've done a few calculators online but its still not making sense to me. I'll be using 3/4 mdf for the build. Thanks in advance for any help.
john253a Posted April 30, 2013 Report Posted April 30, 2013 How many amps are you using? I ask because if 4 then yes 4boxes and 4 ports will work But if not 1 box common chamber and either a single or dual slot ports or equilvent in aero Now onto the important stuff All above is a recommendation or guide, and to be followed as such What we need to no is Max measurements? as if is all side are at 90deg (I mean max) What you want to use of that space? We no you want to stay within 12x46x12" Amp and elect system to support power? Coil config of sub? and how you plane to wire with final ohm load? What you want to achieve? Sq spl mix of box What u like to lesion to? My preface for this sub is (x4 for you setup) Is common chamber 2.4net with 36sq" of port @33hz Or either a single 6" or 2x 4" aeros On 2.5-3k rms and if your a bit more experience and can support it up to 3.5-4k or power
newb1989 Posted April 30, 2013 Author Report Posted April 30, 2013 Im planning on running them off an AP2.5k at a 2ohm load. This is for a daily driver application so SQ is more what im leaning towards. All sides will be 90deg. Ive got the elctrical to support the system. I'd like to stay away from aero ports. The common chamber sounds like its the best bet. And I can do more or less on the height of the box...up to 26" tall or as shallow as 9". Just cant make it any wider or add anymore depth. I listen to all types of music but mostly rap when im beating.
Joe X Posted April 30, 2013 Report Posted April 30, 2013 Here is a suggestion port/subs up that you seem to want: Enclosure Specifications:Fb = 34 HzVb = 2.4 ft^3External Height = 18 inExternal Width = 42.75 inExternal Depth = 12 inPort Width = 4 1/2 inCut Sheet List:* All Dimensions in Inches.* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.External Enclosure Parts:2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 42 3/4 x 12Left & Right Sides = 10 1/2 x 15 3/4Front & Back = 42 3/4 x 15 3/4L Port Internal Assembly Parts:Top to Bottom = 11 1/4 x 10 1/2Extension = 20 1/16 x 10 1/2 Assembly guide (generic dimensions): Important notes:- The port needs 4 1/2" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.
newb1989 Posted June 20, 2013 Author Report Posted June 20, 2013 Well I tried the 4 8s and its more than what I need. So im just going to build a box for 2 under the rear seat. Id like it 9"tall x 14" deep and up to 44" wide. Id like subs/port facing forward. And preferably port in the middle of the box between subs. Tuned in the 33-34hz range. If you could sketch me up something id really appreciate it. Btw the box for the 4 8s was awesome. Just going for a clean "stock" look.
john253a Posted June 20, 2013 Report Posted June 20, 2013 After 4 You want what? Just 2, I fell you'll be left wanting, That clean look just doesn't work for bass heads,
newb1989 Posted June 20, 2013 Author Report Posted June 20, 2013 All of my installs are clean...idk what youre talking about. I want a "stock looking" rear seat. Amp hidden. No wires visible. It works for me.. Plus, these 2 subs on THAT amp will get down. I dont think ill be "left wanting" by any means.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.