Second Skin Audio

Subs in a single cab truck?

Just to start this off I can't give any measurements because i'm not getting this truck for a few weeks.

Anyways its a 1980 Chevy single cab short box step-side. Id love to put some woofers under the seats or behind them. I don't have anything but my Audiopipe 1800.1 amp. I plan on doing some custom doors and whatnot but if anyone has any ideas for what I should do for woofers cause I have no idea. Maybe even flat woofers? Just throw out what you think and that would be great!

Oh and for pricing imma build a box i'm guessing but for overall woofer cost I would love to stay around $400. Any amount of woofers will do!

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

actually i may be of assistance i have a 1974 chevy step side which is the same behind the seat as yours. with the seat all the way back you have about 1.8 cubic ft of air space behind the seat if you have a bench seat which really isnt much. i suggest running 8s in it. that what i am currently building a box for. im building a wedge box behind the seat for either 2 8s ported or 3 8s sealed. my idea for mine since its more of a sq build is three dayton 8ohm 8" reference woofers 300rms each 2.7 ohm load. in a down firing sealed box .45 cubes per sub with some poly fill. on about 1000w rms off and old eclipse premium amp. my woofers cost 120 each from parts-express.c o m and they rip for the size they are there only 4.75 inch deep so they fit well in a down firing box if you like i could show you some pictures of my drawing of the box.. hope i am of assistance. also for this build i am doing 8" midbass in an infinate baffle in the doors and then 6" componants in the kicks with some q logic kick panels which i dont have yet and i also have 1 " silk dome tweeters for my main stage all of this is going to be ran off another eclipse 2 channel amp 370w rms per channel @ 4 ohm. and then i am going to put my 3/4" titanium dome tweeters on an 8k high pass and mount them in the a-pillars.

also if your short like me and you can slide the seat forward one notch you get enough air space behind the seat for about 2.25 cubic ft behind the seat if your box is 54 inches wide. which you could put 2 12s sealed in there like polk momo's or kicker CVTs or even the alpine type r shallows are nice. but in a single cab its really hard to keep subs behind the seat that are powerful enough to run alot of power too. in my last truck i ended up having to put bucket seats in and make a custom center consol that was ported up into the dash area sounded really good but took up alot of room. thats why im not doing that with this truck. another option you have is a blow through box in the bed but thats a whole different monster and not alot of people wanna tackle that project.

actually i may be of assistance i have a 1974 chevy step side which is the same behind the seat as yours. with the seat all the way back you have about 1.8 cubic ft of air space behind the seat if you have a bench seat which really isnt much. i suggest running 8s in it. that what i am currently building a box for. im building a wedge box behind the seat for either 2 8s ported or 3 8s sealed. my idea for mine since its more of a sq build is three dayton 8ohm 8" reference woofers 300rms each 2.7 ohm load. in a down firing sealed box .45 cubes per sub with some poly fill. on about 1000w rms off and old eclipse premium amp. my woofers cost 120 each from parts-express.c o m and they rip for the size they are there only 4.75 inch deep so they fit well in a down firing box if you like i could show you some pictures of my drawing of the box.. hope i am of assistance. also for this build i am doing 8" midbass in an infinate baffle in the doors and then 6" componants in the kicks with some q logic kick panels which i dont have yet and i also have 1 " silk dome tweeters for my main stage all of this is going to be ran off another eclipse 2 channel amp 370w rms per channel @ 4 ohm. and then i am going to put my 3/4" titanium dome tweeters on an 8k high pass and mount them in the a-pillars.

also if your short like me and you can slide the seat forward one notch you get enough air space behind the seat for about 2.25 cubic ft behind the seat if your box is 54 inches wide. which you could put 2 12s sealed in there like polk momo's or kicker CVTs or even the alpine type r shallows are nice. but in a single cab its really hard to keep subs behind the seat that are powerful enough to run alot of power too. in my last truck i ended up having to put bucket seats in and make a custom center consol that was ported up into the dash area sounded really good but took up alot of room. thats why im not doing that with this truck. another option you have is a blow through box in the bed but thats a whole different monster and not alot of people wanna tackle that project.

Thanks for the info man! I think imma have to go with 10s or 8s for sure. I think imma sell my amp and get 2 Sundown 10s or 3 Sundown 8s and maybe power with sundown. And I am for sure going with a ported box. And I even thought of building into the bed....but thats way more then I wanna do lol

Nothing for now...

dont worry about space man, shoudlnt be an issue, good buddy of mine has 4 vvx 10s in his single cab, 2 between the seats and one behind each

Youre talking about Shenanigans right?

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/173074-project-dc-wagon-6-level-5-12s-on-2-75ks-at-the-c-pillar/

1993 Chevy Caprice Wagon

6 DC Level 5 12s

2 7.5ks

XS power d3400 and 4 d7500s in the rear

2 DC 175.4s

DD German Mids and Highs

dont worry about space man, shoudlnt be an issue, good buddy of mine has 4 vvx 10s in his single cab, 2 between the seats and one behind each

Its a bench seat tho and Id hate to replace it. (It has been refurbished) And personally I dont like the idea of having woofers in the middle of the seats. It looks ghetto as hell in my opinion

Nothing for now...

i had an atomic apocalypse 12 in my 1995 f150 single cab with a bench seat right around 2.25 cubic foot after displacement with 2 pvc ports i belive they were 3" a piece(sorry good little time ago) driven on a db drive okur a7. got pretty loud and sounded great, sat pretty close to the steering wheel but well worth it lol:D

and my amp was under my seat too

Good lord sweet baby Jesus. Did you read the thread at all?

Bagged 1993 nissan hardbody

Archived