Second Skin Audio

Joe X!!! Cast an eye on this for me!! :) Torres Ra-tard...Lol

Ok.....I think I have somewhat figured this out. My question now is, I want my port to be in the middle of the subs. Is this design correct?!?! Also, is there a was to get the tuning a little lower?? 33?? Btw, this is the MAX the box can be without turning this from a sealed truck job to a wall! Lol. Anyways, if you could take a look....or anyone for that matter and tell me what ive done wrong or if I can start cutting!!

Well after going thru the Potobucket thing and all that, I cant upload pics I guess. "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community"

Anywasy...I will type out all the info I guess

BOX

H-19

W-35

D-24

PORT

H-17.5

W-4.5

L-18

Physical port L-17.25

Sub Disp. .3

Gross V-7.63

Port V-1.14

Port area/Cube-12.12

Port A - 78.75in2

Net V - 6.19

Tune-35.90

The cut sheet for the port is what has me ??????????

Port Top/Bottom - 6 X 17.25 ???? I dont get this part! Is this telling me my port is on the side or something? IDFK!!

Sides -17.5 X 17.25

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

I tweaked a bit your dimensions, actually 4 1/4" is the widest port your 35" baffle can support, also the IVXs displacement has gone down to 0.13 cf per sub, the difference it's nothing but that's what I used:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 34 Hz
Vb = 6.2 ft^3

External Height = 18.5 in
External Width = 35 in
External Depth = 24 in

Port Width = 4 1/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2x Front = 15 3/8 x 17
Back = 35 x 17

Left & Right Sides: 22 1/2 x 17

Top & Bottom = 35 x 24

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 17 3/8 x 17

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

TSFPFSBNT_zps1eb6d69e.jpg

Important notes:

- All trunk boxes built outside the car need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.

- The port needs 4 1/4" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

Wow...Thank you! This is just what I am looking for! Thank you again! :thanx:

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

Will do boss! Hope to start building this weekend. She is gonna be a TIGHT fit!! Lol. Cant wait to hear it...Long ways to go yet tho...

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Could you tell me or do you know what I was doing wrong? I want to build another box for my truck and really want to do it myself...I like to learn!!!

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Your port was too wide for the size of your baffle, 15.4 (outside diameter of one IVX15) + 15.4 + 4.5 = 35.3", also as you increase port area the port becomes longer for a given tuning to the point your port was not meeting clearance to the backwall, happily those subs can work on lower port area making it possible to meet baffle width, port clearance to the back wall and the net volume you were shooting for.

Archived