Second Skin Audio

dual voice coil sub ?

Yes its a mono amp but it has 2 speaker out conections the sub is dual 4 ohms kicker l7 and each channel is 1000 max and if I connect it 2 ohms ill blow it so I was wondering if I ran 1 channel to one of the outputs and the other to the other output on the amp would it still be 2ohms if I connect it that way or would it be 4ohms

a mono amp doesnt have two channels. its mono, singular, one.

you have an amp that is designed to do the same power regardless of the ohm load. so wire it in parallel and be done with it.

the terminals on the amp just give you two places to wire your subs. they are connected together inside the amp. so you can connect both coils directly to the amp and it'll be a 2ohm load.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

this site has saved me from so many wiring headaches it is almost obscene

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

As already stated, that is a mono amp. It only has one output. It has 2 connection points that are in parallel internal to the amp.

Does not matter if you parallel the coils then connect them to one connection on the amp or if you connect one coil to each amp connection. It is the same thing.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived