Second Skin Audio

dual voice coil sub ?

I have a sub that dual voice coil if I connect the positive and negative connections to each channel on my rf 1500bdcp will the amp think its a 2ohm load or will it think its 2 4ohm I know if I connect both positive and negative together on the same channel it will be 2ohm but I wasent shure if I did each channel separate on the amp if it would be 2 ohms

thats a mono amp, it only has one channel.

you should probably tell us what ohm load your coils are first.

"dual"

"sure"

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Yes its a mono amp but it has 2 speaker out conections the sub is dual 4 ohms kicker l7 and each channel is 1000 max and if I connect it 2 ohms ill blow it so I was wondering if I ran 1 channel to one of the outputs and the other to the other output on the amp would it still be 2ohms if I connect it that way or would it be 4ohms

What coils are they? Dual 1? dual 2? Dual 4?

Oh... And read my sig before you respond ;)

Yes its a mono amp but it has 2 speaker out conections the sub is dual 4 ohms kicker l7 and each channel is 1000 max and if I connect it 2 ohms ill blow it so I was wondering if I ran 1 channel to one of the outputs and the other to the other output on the amp would it still be 2ohms if I connect it that way or would it be 4ohms

Connect the coils in parallel and keep your gain turned down. You can't hook up only 1 coil.

If you were to wire in series instead, that would put you at 8 ohms. And you really wouldn't see any power there

Connect the coils in parallel and keep your gain turned down. You can't hook up only 1 coil.

If you were to wire in series instead, that would put you at 8 ohms. And you really wouldn't see any power there

thank u for your advice

Archived