Second Skin Audio

Google Sketch up & check my design. Help

ZachG

Hey guys i know i havent been a part of the community for awhile but ive been very busy, so im here i need some help.

Im designing a box for a friend we will be builidng sunday or monday. The box is to fit on top of the rear seat in a 1997 Dodge Dakota ext cab. The subwoofer we picked is going to be a SQ/AQ HDC3 15 copper coil. it will be powered with a SQ/AQ 1200.1.

The dimensions i was given were: Width 16, Height 21 max, Length 30-36. he listens to mostly rap and mainstream stuff so i was thinking 32-33 tunning would be good. we are looking to do sub up, port foward.

Here is what i came up with

15hdc3boxdesign.png

Im looking for someone to sketch it up with a design if possible to make it easier to build.

Any edits to make it better would be good also. Thanks Guys.

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Needs way more port area. Usually between 12-16 per cube. And you need to insert # of common port walls.

Edit: Not sure how you got your port dimensions as well.. looks all sorts of screwy..

Needs way more port area. Usually between 12-16 per cube. And you need to insert # of common port walls.

Edit: Not sure how you got your port dimensions as well.. looks all sorts of screwy..

with a depth of 31 and port up and his port dimension he doesnt need a number in common port walls. it would be 0.

I agree that port are is not enough.

i dont know why ppl want something for free these days learn to use the free program urself

I thought thats what the forum was for? A place for advice, tips, tricks and to learn.

Hey OP, so its 31 deep? You sure its not 31w x 16d x 18h? Just asking because that makes way more sense.

Well I meant like 31 lentgth for depth like across the seat. Then 16 wide the length betweent the rear seat and front seat.

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

this is the part im talking about advice

Im looking for someone to sketch it up with a design if possible to make it easier to build.

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Hey OP, so its 31 deep? You sure its not 31w x 16d x 18h? Just asking because that makes way more sense.

Well I meant like 31 lentgth for depth like across the seat. Then 16 wide the length betweent the rear seat and front seat.

aHaha ok that's what I thought. I'll work on something later.

Archived