will rear door speakers make a difference?

DylanBunch

Ohhhh okkkkk. And if I get 4 mids itd be right side in parallel and left side in parallel (all 4 mids 8 ohm) for a final of 4 ohms. Or earlier were you saying itdbe ok to run 4 mids at 2 ohms each side?

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

I've noticed a difference with the addition of rear speakers. Go for it, unless you're in a small coupe of some sort then I can see why people say that. I drove a hatchback 4 doors and noticed an improvement in the soundstage but that's just me. Everyone is different. I actually like full sound around me. To each their own.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Ok. LAST QUESTION AND I APOLOGIZE IF ITS THE 1, 000 TIME. But it wont hurt my amp to run the tweets bridged at 8 ohms on channel 1&2 and 2 ohms on the other individual channels

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Ok awesome bro thanks a lot! I think im going 4 Rockford pro mids 4 ohm to go along with my ft1 supertweets (which are black so they match (; ) cant wait man

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

With the mids and tweeters you are looking at, the 4 channel is going to be your weak point. 1, it really isnt powerful enough to drive what you want. Could it be good enough though, absolutely.

You are going to want to get 4 ohm mids. You will wire 2 per channel on channels 1/2. These will be wired at 2 ohms to give you 2 ohms per channel.

Next you will want to get 4 ohm mids and wire 1 per channel. You will also want to get the inline crossovers from crescendo so that you are no sending full range signal to your tweeters.

For channels 1/2 that the mids are on, you are going to set the crossover to highpass and guesstimate about 120hz.

For channels 3/4 that the tweeters are on, you are going to set the crossover to OFF. The inline crossovers will filter out the frequencies for you.

http://store.crescendoaudio.com/ft1-tweeter-crossover/

Archived