Hey guys...

Here is the deal...

I need to get into the 150's at the dash

Equipment:

2 x DD 9510

1 x DD M4 (~5K)

2 x Yellow top Optimas in the boot

This wil run a test tone

I need advise as to the optimum SPL boz size / port size and turning frequency...

Also do I build to same size boxes or one box for both subs

I built 2 x boxes according the DD's website but they look too small for max SPL

The other variable is the car...

We are sharing this project between a few of us...

Cars:

2007 Merc ML320 SUV

2007 Merc CLK63 Coupe

Mazda Mx6 Hatchback

EK Honda Civic hatchback

I think the euro cars can do well as they have excellent insulation and minimal leaks, but hatchback are

hatchback and are great for SPL...

With a hatch and a M4a you should be there in no time.

You have the car, the power, the motorforce, maybe not the cone area. But the right box you should be there .

I had 2 dd 9510s at 3.4 cubes tuned to 34hz doing 144s daily in a trunk car with 3k .

Goodluck

the hatchbacks are definitely the best option here, i would do something like 2 cubic feet and a 8" aeroport if you can fit it, and i hope that amplifier is wired at .5 ohms or less, if not, is gonna get more difficult to get a 150 wired at 1 ohm

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Well I made the DD recommended boxes 1.5 cubic feet each... but they look too small... that said, according to you guys thay should be fine...

I cant wire them to 0.5ohms as they are Dual 4ohm so I will run them as 1ohms which is the lowest the amp is stable to...

Archived