Real96SS Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 Okay I didn't see that but what about your actual box size? Vehicle 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co) DNX9980HD 6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition) 3 DC 9k's 8 Nendo PWX 8's 4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters 1 DC Audio 175.4 1 DC Audio 90.4 Rockford 360.3 3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated) 21 D1600's 2 D4800's All SMD RCA's AudioTechnix Deadner Viper Alarm My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/ Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/
miniSPLlancer Posted May 11, 2013 Author Report Posted May 11, 2013 Okay I didn't see that but what about your actual box size?4.56ft net 2011 Mitsubishi OutlanderSony 712 Soundqubed HDS208 Alpine MRV-M500 Transmission line enclosure Soundqubed wiring Knu rca XS Power battery CNF terminals
Real96SS Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 A little over 12sqft of port area which is good.Do you have a picture of the box in question? Vehicle 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co) DNX9980HD 6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition) 3 DC 9k's 8 Nendo PWX 8's 4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters 1 DC Audio 175.4 1 DC Audio 90.4 Rockford 360.3 3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated) 21 D1600's 2 D4800's All SMD RCA's AudioTechnix Deadner Viper Alarm My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/ Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/
miniSPLlancer Posted May 11, 2013 Author Report Posted May 11, 2013 A little over 12sqft of port area which is good.Do you have a picture of the box in question?I don't but I'll take one and post it 2011 Mitsubishi OutlanderSony 712 Soundqubed HDS208 Alpine MRV-M500 Transmission line enclosure Soundqubed wiring Knu rca XS Power battery CNF terminals
miniSPLlancer Posted May 11, 2013 Author Report Posted May 11, 2013 Dimensions are 16.5 x 18.5 x 30.5 internal. 2 6" ports @ 18" long which is why the sub is over the ports instead of at the other end. This way the air get pushed to the other side where the port ends in the box 2011 Mitsubishi OutlanderSony 712 Soundqubed HDS208 Alpine MRV-M500 Transmission line enclosure Soundqubed wiring Knu rca XS Power battery CNF terminals
miniSPLlancer Posted May 12, 2013 Author Report Posted May 12, 2013 Update: Built a spl burp box 3.17@51h did a 146.8 @ 53 I was hoping for 48 but I'll take it. This was meca style @ the headrest 2011 Mitsubishi OutlanderSony 712 Soundqubed HDS208 Alpine MRV-M500 Transmission line enclosure Soundqubed wiring Knu rca XS Power battery CNF terminals
CleanSierra Posted May 12, 2013 Report Posted May 12, 2013 Jamie, do you normally have the box positioned like this? Is it normally cocked sideways and that close to the side of the vehicle? I remember sitting in the Outlander a few weeks ago on the single 12" and it sounded good. Can you try rebuilding a slot ported box with the sub up and port to the back hatch? I'd suggest loading it off of the hatch with a slot port across the bottom of the box. I'd also feed around 16 sq inches of port per foot if it were me also. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted May 12, 2013 Report Posted May 12, 2013 The reason I ask about the box being positioned like it is, is because of uneven loading with the ports different distances from the wall there. Im also thinking possibly that you're TOO close to that wall and ports could be partially choked. - Edit- Plus, isn't voltage hard for you to maintain in that vehicle since the ECU is trying to be an asshole?!?! Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
miniSPLlancer Posted May 12, 2013 Author Report Posted May 12, 2013 The reason I ask about the box being positioned like it is, is because of uneven loading with the ports different distances from the wall there. Im also thinking possibly that you're TOO close to that wall and ports could be partially choked.The box is only like this so I could take the picture. I went with flared ports because smaller box & more efficient. I'm pretty limited because of space and where my batteries are. 2011 Mitsubishi OutlanderSony 712 Soundqubed HDS208 Alpine MRV-M500 Transmission line enclosure Soundqubed wiring Knu rca XS Power battery CNF terminals
miniSPLlancer Posted May 12, 2013 Author Report Posted May 12, 2013 The reason I ask about the box being positioned like it is, is because of uneven loading with the ports different distances from the wall there. Im also thinking possibly that you're TOO close to that wall and ports could be partially choked. - Edit- Plus, isn't voltage hard for you to maintain in that vehicle since the ECU is trying to be an asshole?!?! Yes, can't pound it when I drive voltage stays at 12.2-12.3 while driving. When I first start it it hangs around 13.8-14.1 2011 Mitsubishi OutlanderSony 712 Soundqubed HDS208 Alpine MRV-M500 Transmission line enclosure Soundqubed wiring Knu rca XS Power battery CNF terminals
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.