miniSPLlancer Posted May 9, 2013 Report Posted May 9, 2013 Got a hdc4 15 that didn't sound right so I checked it while playing and the cone was cracked. The box was 3.84ft3@37hz with a AQ 2200. Once broken in I hooked up the other 2200 and strapped em. Sounded ok. I resin'd the back of the cone til my recone comes in and it's hooked up now 4.48ft@33hz on 2200 watts. I'm not impressed with this sub. Maybe I'm doing something wrong idk. I really don't see how this sub handles 10k on burps? I have a hdc3 12 that handles 5k on a burp but this hdc4 seems to stress at about 3k. Anyone have any experience with these that can chime in. Box size, tuning, power. 2011 Mitsubishi OutlanderSony 712 Soundqubed HDS208 Alpine MRV-M500 Transmission line enclosure Soundqubed wiring Knu rca XS Power battery CNF terminals
AMI CUSTOMS Posted May 9, 2013 Report Posted May 9, 2013 You box is tuned WAY to fucking low for just that 1 sub. What is your port area? Recone it and see how it sounds and performs, the cone being cracked would cause it to "Stress" out. And YES I would know!!! TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain 3x Streetbeat World Record Holder 2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4 2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db 2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db 2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4 2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db 2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db 2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012 (4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log Evo X build log Facebook page The Black Nasty
miniSPLlancer Posted May 9, 2013 Author Report Posted May 9, 2013 You box is tuned WAY to fucking low for just that 1 sub. What is your port area? Recone it and see how it sounds and performs, the cone being cracked would cause it to "Stress" out. And YES I would know!!! 2 6" aero ports. Would tuning up to 37 be better? I don't pound it daily I just like a little bass while I drive but I compete so I do burp it. That box is 3ft@50hz on roughly 5k 2011 Mitsubishi OutlanderSony 712 Soundqubed HDS208 Alpine MRV-M500 Transmission line enclosure Soundqubed wiring Knu rca XS Power battery CNF terminals
CNF Kevosinn Posted May 9, 2013 Report Posted May 9, 2013 Tune that thing higher like ami said. They sound good @37 that's what I had my single at. These are beasts they will take 5k plus daily *** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ ) "kevosinn's" astro van 8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's 4 Sundown scv 6000's CNF Distribution CNC parts Skyhigh wire some batteries SMD Meters and tools used on the installhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/ 16,000 watt walled silverado build.http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/ 8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60TEAM CNF Distribution
RooTxBeeR Posted May 10, 2013 Report Posted May 10, 2013 You box is tuned WAY to fucking low for just that 1 sub. What is your port area? Recone it and see how it sounds and performs, the cone being cracked would cause it to "Stress" out. And YES I would know!!! 2 6" aero ports. Would tuning up to 37 be better? I don't pound it daily I just like a little bass while I drive but I compete so I do burp it. That box is 3ft@50hz on roughly 5kI'm confused, I see 3 different box sizes and tunings. Which is it right now? On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
miniSPLlancer Posted May 10, 2013 Author Report Posted May 10, 2013 You box is tuned WAY to fucking low for just that 1 sub. What is your port area? Recone it and see how it sounds and performs, the cone being cracked would cause it to "Stress" out. And YES I would know!!! 2 6" aero ports. Would tuning up to 37 be better? I don't pound it daily I just like a little bass while I drive but I compete so I do burp it. That box is 3ft@50hz on roughly 5kI'm confused, I see 3 different box sizes and tunings. Which is it right now?Right now, it is 4.48ft3@37. I just cut my ports down and tuned to 37hz. Plays fine sounds really good I don't think in THIS box that I could actually put 4k+ to it. Could be wrong, but again I'm looking for people personal experience with these subs. Again I only have the one 2011 Mitsubishi OutlanderSony 712 Soundqubed HDS208 Alpine MRV-M500 Transmission line enclosure Soundqubed wiring Knu rca XS Power battery CNF terminals
AMI CUSTOMS Posted May 10, 2013 Report Posted May 10, 2013 I wouldn't be afraid to drop 8k across that sub in that box if it was built by me If the box is poorly constructed or not braced it will greatly lower the power handling. TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain 3x Streetbeat World Record Holder 2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4 2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db 2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db 2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4 2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db 2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db 2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012 (4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log Evo X build log Facebook page The Black Nasty
RooTxBeeR Posted May 10, 2013 Report Posted May 10, 2013 Air leaks and shit mayne On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
miniSPLlancer Posted May 10, 2013 Author Report Posted May 10, 2013 Air leaks and shit mayneBox is fine, braced, double baffled, zero air leak's. the box is strong that's not my concern. I will play around with it later today and throw it up on the termlab with one amp then with both amp's strapped. 2011 Mitsubishi OutlanderSony 712 Soundqubed HDS208 Alpine MRV-M500 Transmission line enclosure Soundqubed wiring Knu rca XS Power battery CNF terminals
RooTxBeeR Posted May 10, 2013 Report Posted May 10, 2013 Air leaks and shit mayneBox is fine, braced, double baffled, zero air leak's. the box is strong that's not my concern. I will play around with it later today and throw it up on the termlab with one amp then with both amp's strapped.good luck, post back with your results. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.