Krakin's Single Cab '03 Sierra

Thanks for the advice. But how far is the recommended distance for loading off a 4 inch port?

Changed my design a bit so I don't have port sticking over the amp rack, so that I can position my amps how I want.

983885_606861545990716_1825340974_n.jpg

all those 90 degree bends are gonna kill your efficiency, as well as your port starting right there at the sub.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

660 miles round trip. 22mpg is $100 at $3.3 a gallon.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Thanks for the advice. But how far is the recommended distance for loading off a 4 inch port?

Changed my design a bit so I don't have port sticking over the amp rack, so that I can position my amps how I want.

all those 90 degree bends are gonna kill your efficiency, as well as your port starting right there at the sub.

Still has the awful of bends but updated port. To try and compensate for the lose in efficiency I aimed for a higher port area/foot. And if anything I can remove one 900 by shortening the internal portion to where it doesn't have to bend. Haven't checked what the tuning for that would be.

Edit: nvm only 2 bends on latest update.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

should be able to add 45's to the corners to help with flow ... just an idea

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Still has the awful of bends but updated port. To try and compensate for the lose in efficiency I aimed for a higher port area/foot. And if anything I can remove one 900 by shortening the internal portion to where it doesn't have to bend. Haven't checked what the tuning for that would be.

what is your ratio of port area to internal volume now? you can shift this ratio in favor of port area to gain efficiency, but it will raise your tuning, and decrease the amount of back pressure on the subwoofer while playing, therefore negatively impacting your mechanical power handling and low end extension.

Owner of BigAss Ports

Could look into that too.

should be able to add 45's to the corners to help with flow ... just an idea

while this will help, the benefit, to the common consumer, will be negligible at best. air moves both ways in a port, so you could do some things to it that will positively impact air flow in one direction, but could negatively affect air movement in the other direction, therefore affecting back pressure and mechanical power handling. a straight port with flared ends is ALWAYS the best option!

Owner of BigAss Ports

Okay so I'm confused if I messed something up or if it's right, but I barely lose the 30hz tuning shortening to 1 bend. Wouldn't think the added volume would do that much.

2 bend

7201_607327382610799_3159593_n.jpg

1 bend

379654_607327379277466_1417866448_n.jpg

Edit: Lost quite a bit of the Port per foot but I'm not too worried with 1 bend.

lol, torres. ugghh... i am absolutely not capable of ever taking torres seriously.

that tuning calculation is gonna be so damn far off in your application that it is hardly worth even looking at. when you turn the system on and go from your nominal load to your reactive load (which im sure is not a known figure at this point) we have no idea of what your usable amount of power will be, therefore we have no idea of how the subwoofer is behaving in this enclosure, which will all come together to impact the realistic tuning of the enclosure while in use.

and the proximity of the immediate surroundings in the cabin, lets not even start on the impact of that on the tuning of your enclosure.

Owner of BigAss Ports

lol, torres. ugghh... i am absolutely not capable of ever taking torres seriously.

that tuning calculation is gonna be so damn far off in your application that it is hardly worth even looking at. when you turn the system on and go from your nominal load to your reactive load (which im sure is not a known figure at this point) we have no idea of what your usable amount of power will be, therefore we have no idea of how the subwoofer is behaving in this enclosure, which will all come together to impact the realistic tuning of the enclosure while in use.

and the proximity of the immediate surroundings in the cabin, lets not even start on the impact of that on the tuning of your enclosure.

I'm in dire need to get away from Torres. And I have the sub still hooked up in my truck with the aero tube, I could easily go check the rise if it will matter enough. I'm all for anything you got for helping out with it.

Archived