CrazyCricket12 Posted May 12, 2013 Report Posted May 12, 2013 Will a HDC3 15" be ok running off a sq2200.1 amp?
9tr3g Posted May 12, 2013 Report Posted May 12, 2013 I have mine on a bc2k. It is begging for more power lol. I am surprised by how loud it can get for a single 15.
CrazyCricket12 Posted May 12, 2013 Author Report Posted May 12, 2013 Good to know bc I was going to run the hdc4 but noticed they are only available in d1 so being able to go with the hdc3 is great news, especially for my wallet lol.
9tr3g Posted May 12, 2013 Report Posted May 12, 2013 Yea man good choice. I really want to throw it on a 3.5k an see what it does. Everyone I have let listen to it has been impressed with what it can do. Its not quite as musical as I hoped but I think thats just my box. Its 3.5 cuft after disp tuned to 37hrtz. Im used to lower tuning but everywhere I could find said they do best around 37hrtz so I went for it. I dont see anything in that price range beating in.
9tr3g Posted May 12, 2013 Report Posted May 12, 2013 Also I think I can make my own 9515 when I get bored with it or blow it since they use the same basket. A few guys that build subs say it would work
CrazyCricket12 Posted May 12, 2013 Author Report Posted May 12, 2013 Yeah I heard that sq and dd were similar. My box I have is right around 3.3-3.5 cu. ft after displacement tuned to 34Hz so I hope it sounds good.
CrazyCricket12 Posted May 12, 2013 Author Report Posted May 12, 2013 Yea man good choice. I really want to throw it on a 3.5k an see what it does. Everyone I have let listen to it has been impressed with what it can do. Its not quite as musical as I hoped but I think thats just my box. Its 3.5 cuft after disp tuned to 37hrtz. Im used to lower tuning but everywhere I could find said they do best around 37hrtz so I went for it. I dont see anything in that price range beating in. Do you have any vids of it playing?
newschoolsoundz Posted May 12, 2013 Report Posted May 12, 2013 ive had a dd 9515 an aq hdc 3 15 the aq sub sounded better in my opinion i wouldnt make it with dd soft parts just my opinion
CrazyCricket12 Posted May 12, 2013 Author Report Posted May 12, 2013 ive had a dd 9515 an aq hdc 3 15 the aq sub sounded better in my opinion i wouldnt make it with dd soft parts just my opinion Interesting. Everyone I talked to said they prefer dd. I guess it's a personal opinion type thing.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.