Sonic Electronix

Heu guys long time lurker new poster lmao . had a question and i know yall know ya shit so lol here it goes... i have a 97' towncar had countless setups in it (all less than 1k watts.) well now i have a kicker cvr 15" wored 2ohms to a kicker ix500.1 .. i had bestbuy install amp. -.- i know i know lol i was just too busy! but anyway its all hooked up to a old school sony hu. it just doesent seem to slap as hard as it should. also. the protection light on amp flickers on some tracks (jeezy. zoe.) when heavy bass hits.. it never shuts off. the manual says it means low voltage... So heres the ??? should i attemp the big 3 upgrade first?! the other day i cleaned all wires and terminals and hooked batt back up. car eventually wouldnt start! -.- popped cap and all cells were low.. added water. and was able to crack her right up.. i replaced the battery.. 700cca im saving up for a yellow top as i have a future build in mind .. (2000w +) any advice would be awesome. thanks guys!

so this guy once ran out of his house screaming "your bass invaded my home and disrespected my family" lmfao smh gotta love tha compliments !!!

1997 Lincoln TownCar

Old Sony Deck

1 Kicker cvr15" Factory ported box

Kicker zx750.1 (Ix500.1) in closet lol

everything else is stock for now...

Besides "Big 3" thats done :)

ya thats what i been doin. lol thanks for quick reply.man. its just odd.. the headunit has to be cranked up now since i had kicker amp put in. before i had 2 comp15s on a 1200w explod amp and at vol 5 out of 34 id start hearing good vocals and decent bass.. now i gotta throw it up to like 15?! lol i think bestbuy bypassed my factory amp for some fvcked reason? lol

so this guy once ran out of his house screaming "your bass invaded my home and disrespected my family" lmfao smh gotta love tha compliments !!!

1997 Lincoln TownCar

Old Sony Deck

bummmp. anyone got any input? i was thinking mabye start with big 3 upgrade? thanks. Smoke

1997 Lincoln TownCar

Old Sony Deck

I'm still new also but I do know the big 3 is always a good idea. Have you checked the settings on your amp and made sure the RCAs where in tight (kinda same thing happens to me and it was RCAs)

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Personally I would start by doing the big three. I really wish I would have started with my electrical. Factory amp has nothing to do with your bass and if it isnt bypassed it should be. Also keep in mind that in most cases cone area is king. You dropped from 2 15's down to 1 15.

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

thanks for the input guys!!! im going to start with big three first. Im thinking it will help. Since the protection light only flckers during some songs with deep deep bass. battery is new tested good couple weeks back as well as alt. Im tempted to buy one of them "big 3 upgrade kits" ill keep yall posted. thanks again guys!

1997 Lincoln TownCar

Old Sony Deck

Personally I would start by doing the big three. I really wish I would have started with my electrical. Factory amp has nothing to do with your bass and if it isnt bypassed it should be. Also keep in mind that in most cases cone area is king.

You dropped from 2 15's down to 1 15.

And ya Your right Robert cone area is king! i cant wait to get 2 btl 18"s lmfao one day!!

1997 Lincoln TownCar

Old Sony Deck

Archived