Sonic Electronix

Well for starters it's Kicker...That's your problem right there. Plus what kind of box? Fix your electrical first then work on getting better equipment.

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

And ya Your right Robert cone area is king! i cant wait to get 2 btl 18"s lmfao one day!!

Once I buy another vehicle I am going to try to shoe horn a few 18's in a tiny ass 325i bmw. Once its no longer my daily driver im gonna fuck it up. Havent decided on which 18's im going to go with. I've got about 6 mo. to figure it out. Might try so see how many 8's I can fit in it. Watched a guy at MWSPL get into the mid 140's with twelve 8's at 23 hz. Was kind of impressed lol.

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

haha hell yeah bro that be sick @ Robert!

im satisfied with my single 15" for the time being but im facin time in texas prison so the 5k i saved for my fi btl setup is going to legal fees lol :( but as soon as thats done im gonna start over. strictly spl comp thinking a truck build a wall with them 2 18's with 5000.1 amp down at 1ohm! dats gonna be badd bro i cannot wait!!! oh and my buddy has 3 hypnotic 10's dont know what amp but he spent 5k on installation (dynamat everything!) and it pounds for some 10's hair trick status. i was pretty shook!

so this guy once ran out of his house screaming "your bass invaded my home and disrespected my family" lmfao smh gotta love tha compliments !!!

1997 Lincoln TownCar

Old Sony Deck

1 Kicker cvr15" Factory ported box

Kicker zx750.1 (Ix500.1) in closet lol

everything else is stock for now...

Besides "Big 3" thats done :)

Well for starters it's Kicker...That's your problem right there. Plus what kind of box? Fix your electrical first then work on getting better equipment.

haha yea bruh im kinda ballin on a budget atm lmao but its the factory kicker box built to the cvr15s specs but my buddy said i need a bigger box.. a superbass probox lmao take up the whole trunk of my lincoln hah

so this guy once ran out of his house screaming "your bass invaded my home and disrespected my family" lmfao smh gotta love tha compliments !!!

1997 Lincoln TownCar

Old Sony Deck

I'm still new also but I do know the big 3 is always a good idea. Have you checked the settings on your amp and made sure the RCAs where in tight (kinda same thing happens to me and it was RCAs)

last time i had bad rcas i had zero bass! lol i checked em to there kicker hyper flexed rcas and there in nice n tight my gains about half way up. getting a dmm today to test voltage at amp and set gains. i got it at a 2ohm impedence btw

1997 Lincoln TownCar

Old Sony Deck

First thing that jumps out at me is you say balling on a budget but have a $300 amp. For the same price you can get A LOT more power. You just have to research. Second. You say it's wired to 2 ohms, but how do you know? What's the voicecoil configuration of the woofer? Third, just because bestbuy installed it doesn't mean they wired it correctly or that the gains have even been set properly. Gain matching is set up specific so if you changed amps you're going to want to set your gains again.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

First thing that jumps out at me is you say balling on a budget but have a $300 amp. For the same price you can get A LOT more power. You just have to research. Second. You say it's wired to 2 ohms, but how do you know? What's the voicecoil configuration of the woofer? Third, just because bestbuy installed it doesn't mean they wired it correctly or that the gains have even been set properly. Gain matching is set up specific so if you changed amps you're going to want to set your gains again.

i only paid $190 for the amp new with warranty and that remote gain knob? idk if its a boost knob or gain but bestbuy didnt wire the sub. i got the cvr15" in a factory kicker box that has been prewired to a final impedence of 2ohms i tested to be sure and its 2ohms at terminal cup. and the box is ported. it slaps but just during some songs the protection light will flicker( wont shut off ) a friend said get a cap but from what i read on here. thats just a crutch and adds more strain on electrical system. and the dude at bestbuy (a friend) actually prolly tha smartest tech there lol he didnt wire nothin i dropped the sub in and had him set the setting at amp and h/u he set gain halfway. bass boost at ZERO always!! lol and xover set at 80hz if it helps

1997 Lincoln TownCar

Old Sony Deck

p.s. only reason i got that amp also was cause i had 2 comp 15's i got for dirt cheap and they knocked decently on a xplod 1200 watt ab amp haha but i sold that amp and bought the kicker mono amp cause it was a perfect match (rms wise) and its sexiness lol jk had the comps wired to 2ohms pos to pos neg to neg svc and relized one of the comps had a blown vc so i sold em dirt cheap. went like a year with zero bass :( so i seen that cvr15 online and hussled em from $259.99 down to $180 + free shipping ;) that invluded the factory "spec built" porter kicker box.. not a bad deal.. can ya blame me?! lmao havin a amp with no sub is like havin toast without butter bro! i hadda get something to tie me over!

1997 Lincoln TownCar

Old Sony Deck

I would check voltage then but with only 500w RMS you should be fine. I would check the RCA connection on your Deck also (just me) also check your setting on your deck and make sure its all where it should be. Now the first thing I would do tho befor I went pulling out my head unit would check the Voice Coils of my sub and make sure there ok it might be blown man and could only have one coil working. if its all good there then just double check wireing that bestbuy did and make sure its all good. other then that I don't know what to do becides taking it back to best buy and going wtf lol.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

I would check voltage then but with only 500w RMS you should be fine. I would check the RCA connection on your Deck also (just me) also check your setting on your deck and make sure its all where it should be. Now the first thing I would do tho befor I went pulling out my head unit would check the Voice Coils of my sub and make sure there ok it might be blown man and could only have one coil working. if its all good there then just double check wireing that bestbuy did and make sure its all good. other then that I don't know what to do becides taking it back to best buy and going wtf lol.

thanks for the reply bro. what has me stumped is it only does it on some songs with that heavy lowwww bass and it wont cut off or nothing the light just kind of flickers whenever that deeep note hits. the vc's are fine checked rcas behind deck. all good. perhaps maybe when my boy at bestbuy hooked up the new rca's mabye it got pinched somewhere under rear seat/deck area? but wouldnt that cause the amp to shutoff completely? hopefully the big 3 will.resolve this issue. brother in law said get a 1farad cap. hah everything ive read on them though claims they are useless. my lights dont dim at all. i have 2 inline fuses as recomended since the amp doesent have a fuse just the fit technology. there 50 a fuses btw. mabye if i ditch one?! hmmmmm -.-

1997 Lincoln TownCar

Old Sony Deck

Archived