"intellectual" Hip Hop

Yes I do!!! I have the same taste as you man!!!. I listen to Blackalicious, Hi-Tek, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, and many more!!! Those artist right there are the real heartbeats of hip hop. They are keeping it original 100% Not like these fake thugs like Wayne & Jeezy!! All that talk about cocain and smoking and weed. Who cares!!! At the end of the day there music aint shit!!! These "intellectual" rappers talk that real shyt and live up to what they say!!! Yea you really gotta listen to Blackalicious because I swear I have changed alot of bad things in my life I used to do and started doing positive things. I'm sorry if i offended some of yalls lil rappers but oh well. Im ready to start hearing some "real talk" in these so called lyrics. Being a african american I was born and raised in the hood, and listend ot all the gangsta rap 24/7. But when I started testing my waters with these other artist, I started thinking differently in a positive way.

We listen to Jeezy cuz almost all of his shit hits hard on subs, not because we like his lyrics. Stop being stereotypical :)

www.myspace.com/the240sxproject

WARNING: I SELL PRODUCTS AND DONT DELIVER THE MERCHANDISE!!

if you think thats crazy listen to the "ride of your life" from the Gift of Gab (Blackalicious) album Rocketship to the 4th Dimension....

i listen to way more "underground" hip hop (whatever that means) heres some good ones

The Living Legends - good fan

OneBeLo - gray or e.t.

Felt - suzanne vega or rick james

Blu & Exhile - i am blue

C-4 - Nothing rhymes with orange (local chicago sh*t!)

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i'm all for music to dance to or bump to, and music with a good beat. but i love me some music that is more serious. maybe not on the same level as these guys as far as messages...but chamillionaires newest cd, ultimate victory, has more serious songs about 'today' instead of grills and wheels. i like it a lot

• 2 weeks later...

you guys really want some good intellectual stuff that you has good beats and you have to think about the lyrics try atmosphere, felt, brotha ali. eyedea. these guys come from outerspace and they are trying to take over the underground! lol