What are these switches on the top of the Alpine deck?

I just picked up an Alpine CDA-9884 off of craigslist for cheap and I noticed some interesting little switches on the top. I had a CDA-105 a year or two ago which is the newer model of the 9884 and it didn't have these.

null_zpse146e234.jpg

E34 540iT/6

its if you have the imprint eq

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

mhm, i'm pretty sure you have to set them up a certain way for it to communitcate with the module, it may also have something to do if you add a cd player or aux input via ainet

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

The owners manual says: "System Switch: When connecting a processor or divider using Ai-NET, place the three switches in the EXT AP position. When no device is connected, leave the switch in the NORM position."

It also says: "•Do not make the three switches to different settings.•Be sure to turn the power off to the unit before changing the switch position.

"

Here's the manual http://goo.gl/t0sMX

I have a cd-105 and it has both of those switches.

Weird, pretty sure mine didn't ha, but then again I haven't seen it for 2 years. Could have been there.

E34 540iT/6

Archived