ok just got my dd1 in the mail and as you know with any new toy you have to play with it. i went to set my sub gains and my sub amp shows distortion before i even see a signal. i have the gain all the way down frequency all the way up cross over on my deck set normal 80hz low pass 90 high pass for mids, i can tune the mids amp fine but not the sub. eq is set to flat also. any ideas why it is doing this?

Yeah did you start form the beginning or just go to sub amp? Plug your sub out rca into the dd1 and set your eq flat, then do your head unit. Then try it again on your sub amp.

Edited by Chris Hammer

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Did you follow the directions in the manual? There's a reason they are there ;)

i tried to see where the headunit clips through both amps didnt try to do it through just the rca

Did you follow the directions in the manual? There's a reason they are there ;)

yes i did

i tried to see where the headunit clips through both amps didnt try to do it through just the rca

Unplug the RCA's then plug one into the DD-1 and do the head unit first, then do the amp. Do you have any bass boost, LOUD, or eq up on your head unit? if you do turn them all off and put eq flat.

Edited by Chris Hammer

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

last time we did my mids amp. (me and jville140db) did it through the amp i dont think we did it from the headunit. but nothing is on like loud or bass boost and eq is flat and the sub amp (mmats d300hc i believe the model is) shows distortion at all volumes.