4x10?

covi1234

Going to start replacing the component speakers in my tahoe. The rear knew that are in the roof are 4x10. Is there a good brand to go with? I also seen a kit that converts them to 6x9. What would be the best route to go?

You could also do 2x 4" in each

If there only for surround and you have subs in car

A single quality 4" coaxel or component will do survive

Like the RF T142

If you don't have subs then look into a 6x9

Or mid to suit a 6"

Go with kicker if your gonna keep the 4x10 but I would personally get the 6x9 adapter

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon mids and tweeters

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch

sundown amps

memphis 0 gauge

soon to be fu audio c pillar wall

If its just surround in the rear

1/2mdf adaptor and a good 4" is all you need

And if you front stage is strong enough you don't even need rear fill unless you have passengers back there all the time

And if you go with a 4" coaxel you can get high end for under $100

I agree with going with the T142s, i installed them in the dash of my sons 94 Tahoe and they sounded great highpassed off a P200-2 and can take the power. I also just took a dremel and cut out the rear for a pair of T1692s where the 4x10s are. Only because i had an extra set lying around. Before that we had the Kicker 4x10s in there and the sounded great with good mid & highs. But with subs you dont hear them from the front now matter what you put back there. Maybe the rear passenger does but realy who cares! lol The boys Tahoe has 10 speakers ranging from 4" to 6x9s for mids and highs with 2 15"s in the back. 5 amps to run it all and ALL RF products. Not the Best SQ But SPL i thinks it does well.

So lots of ideas to choose from, just all depends on what you want to do. Good luck and let us know.

Archived