boom50cal's 96 Singlecab Silverado *SOLD* new build coming soon!

No updates on my Silverado, but I might as well add my mud truck to this log too. Not planning anything big in it, fixing the cheapo Head Unit and cleaning up some wiring, eventually a flatbed and lift/wheels/tires. Here it is though, after last nights trail riding and mud time at one of the lakes.

IMG_20130529_131817_285_zpsa9623e10.jpg

IMG_20130529_131800_718_zps2e059e59.jpg

Only thing I cleaned was the hubs, to make sure my buddy unlocked it fully. Manual hubs FTW!

IMG_20130529_131838_479_zpsed1cf920.jpg

Redneck ingenuity at its finest: bailing wire exhaust hanger.

IMG_20130529_131746_944_zps9c980986.jpg

Awhile back, some ole boy barrel rolled a 3/4 Cummins into a light post at my dad's dealership he works at, so we got the old light post for free. It's a tad thicker than 1/8th inch, and it's fairly stout, so me and my dad are gonna bust our new Lincoln 220 welder out sometime and fab me up a bumper for the front, get rid of that nasty tow hook lol.

IMG_20130529_131927_954_zpsfaae91b2.jpg

And here's a nice shot, beauty and the beast!

IMG_20130522_095302_337_zps4f8d84f4.jpg

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Looks nice man! (The thumb is looking better too!!) :rofl:

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

Thanks man, it's a pretty nice looking scar now, lol. Waiting on a couple of paychecks to come in the following weeks so I can order some more wire from SkyHigh. First I gotta get my fender and trim thingy painted, and a new bumper and valance. Then it's full audio, wheels and new tires(Cragar V-5's 15x10's and some 285's or so), and lastly performance!

The mudtruck may get a pair of Comp 12's in a sealed box behind the seat, if I can find an amp for them. The subs aren't mine though, my buddy has them and doesn't use them.

Nice. I have 2 15" Skar IVXs. Just got em in today and I love em! Keep on keepin on!!!

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I busted the seal on the bottom of the power steering box, around the pittman arm rod, when I took the Ford out mudding.. That was a pain in the ass to fix but I put a high pressure/high temp Ford Racing seal in it my dad got from his dealership. Ford's all fixed now, should have another off roading adventure in it soon. Bought a flip-cam type HD camera too at a garage sale so I'll video it tearing shit up :)

Also ordered a PAC-LC1 for the Chevy today, along with ANOTHER pair of Klipsch Image S4 earbuds. Loved my black pair but my mom pulled the leads off the drivers of them, on the left side...so I just bought another pair for $50. Pretty great deal considering I spent ~$150-160 on the black pair 4 years ago, and they were out of warranty. After my trip to Phoenix for the 4th of July the Fender is getting painted for like $100(or so the jackass body shop manager says). AFTER that, SkyHigh 1/0 is coming. Doing double alt->battery and double grounds from battery->block and chassis.

Long ass list of stuff to do, with so little funds :(

• 3 weeks later...

Got my fender and shit painted and back to me today. I'll take some pics tomorrow. Also got my LC-1 in, but it's in a temp spot. My next day off I'll pull my dash apart and get it set in there somewhere.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on getting the side moldings off?

• 2 weeks later...

Got the dent fixed, and acquired a replacement for the Chevy. 04, SuperCab, STX, 4.6 V8 and an auto, with a manual transfercase! 131k miles, burnt exhaust valve, but it has manual windows and locks :( The AC blows super cold though, and the interior is SPOTLESS. Only issue on the body is a door ding in the passenger door, but it's not bad. Brand-ass new 265/75/17(33's) Goodyear mud tires too! Like less than a 1,000 miles. Oh, and a 2 inch lift! The cab has to be pulled off to pull the passenger head off to replace the valve, but that's not an big deal. Just a weekend job with a lift.

IMG_20130718_122907_789_zpsdaf1e6d3.jpg

IMG_20130720_193700_zps3ef6ab46.jpg

Plans for it were a wall, then my mom shot that down because "You won't be able to see out the back window" even though it already has 10% on the back and sides, which renders them useless as it is... So now it's probably going to be 2x12's in a 4th on 3-5k. Planning on selling my Chevy(and possibly the mudtruck) and getting a single HO alt that does somewhere around 180 amps at idle, then a bank of G31's(or maybe some Xstatic Batcaps, AMI has good luck with those). Building on it won't start until me and my dad get our yard cleaned up, pull the heads and replace the head gaskets on a friends 88 302 Bronco, and get my red truck sold.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a buyer lined up for my 10, box, and amp. $350, just about what I have in it. Should fund my front bumper and valance on my red truck, then it will finally be sold. If I find a bumper locally, it'll fund a valance and a BIG ass order from SkyHigh.

• 1 month later...

Archived