Carbon Posted May 20, 2013 Report Posted May 20, 2013 Okay so I finally found my Escort 8500 X50. Mounting on the windshield would be a terrible idea. I see it falling off non stop due to flex. I also just bought a direct wire for it to give me more options than the included 12v cig adapter. Any recommendations on mounting would be great. I was thinking of a dash mount to avoid the dot matrix around the rear view mirror obstructing the signal. I would also like to avoid the dash "sand bag" mount.
OrionStang Posted May 20, 2013 Report Posted May 20, 2013 It won't fall off. My V1 flops around retarded like, but the suction cups have yet to fail. Will the car even be able to break the highway speed limit with all that weight? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
hdorre Posted May 20, 2013 Report Posted May 20, 2013 Have you looked into the mirror mount? On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Carbon Posted May 20, 2013 Author Report Posted May 20, 2013 It won't fall off. My V1 flops around retarded like, but the suction cups have yet to fail. Will the car even be able to break the highway speed limit with all that weight? I would also be worried about rattling its brains out Have you looked into the mirror mount? Yeah I was looking at some but did not see any made for the 8500
hankfan79 Posted May 20, 2013 Report Posted May 20, 2013 Have you tried the Blend Mount? I have one for my 9500ix. Lose the cord, hard wire it, and go with the clean look,
hdorre Posted May 20, 2013 Report Posted May 20, 2013 ^^ YES!! That was it! BlendMount. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Carbon Posted May 20, 2013 Author Report Posted May 20, 2013 Holy shit lol http://www.amazon.com/BlendMount-Beltronics-Detector-COMPATIBLE-CORVETTES/dp/B002J47Q3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369017591&sr=8-1&keywords=BlendMount Hopefully I can find something less than 1/3 the cost of the damn radar detector itself.
hankfan79 Posted May 20, 2013 Report Posted May 20, 2013 It is high...but I love it! Check out my "chopped" mirror in that picture..totally custom..lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.