Second Skin Audio

Selecting appropriate quantity of subs

You can't wire to 1 ohm. You can get close. But not exactly 1.

What coils do you have?

Nothing yet, in the midst of updating system and the two amps i have that i am gonna use are Rockford T2500 tied together as one (5000 x1) thinking about keeping it all Rockford this time and getting subs as well. DVC for sure, 4 ohm, 2 ohm, whatever i need to drop Load to 1OHM, would like 6 15" but if it doesnt work maybe 4 15" (had 18" now want 15" again)

What model subs are you getting?

And do you have the space for 6 15s?

Would like Rockford T2 but am thinking could only use 4 unless i went T0 in which case i could use 6 but i want T2, lol

Yes, space for them, even at 3 Cubic feet each thats only 18 and i just had Qty 2 - 18" @10 cubic feet each and there was still plenty of room.

Question is would these two amps power 6 T2 15" or would 4 be better? Would 4 - 15" T2 be louder or Qty. 6 - T0 15"? Thoughts?

If you can fit the appropriate box, might as well do 6 15s.

Don't read this the wrong way.... But I'd stick with a single smaller amp and a pair of 15s. My impression is that you don't sound like you are cut out for a big build if you can't handle the basic stuff like wiring coils.

not to be THAT guy, but i guess im going to be....

1. you dont know how to wire 6 subs

2. you want 6 subs to 1 ohm... not possible

3. the way you word things exhibits a lacking of intelligence on BIG systems (this does not mean you are stupid)

4. you do not understand what the gain setting actually does

5. do you know how to strap amplifiers? gain match? etc.?

6. what is your electrical?

I honestly would suggest something smaller, but if you do go with 6 subs.... please dont use rockford....

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

3. the way you word things exhibits a lacking of intelligence on BIG systems (this does not mean you are stupid)

I honestly would suggest something smaller, but if you do go with 6 subs.... please dont use rockford....

I appreciate all the insight guys and I do agree for the most part. I know how to strap amplifiers, i did not know what the gain actually did, only gain match I've ever done is the volt meter at home thing which is so inaccurate i prefer not to do it. I posted electrical further up but didn't add that i currently have a 270 amp Ohio Generator brand alternator. I've had systems over 15k+ watts (means little because more is based on setup). I've had systems 12 - 12"s or 2 18's, or even 4 - 15" before, 9 amps at one time ,I've used 8's as mids before (paired with 6.5's, 5"s, and many tweets, etc. 8 layers of extreme Dynamat in current vehicle, previously used Epic 160's, 6XS, screens, multiple batteries (some from Alma gates' vehicle when she had world record for Kicker, and were signed by her) I've had about 6 different BIG builds, multiple vehicles, etc. etc. the list could go on but i definitely don't claim to know a lot about car stereo systems. I just research enough to see whats out there, see whats new, set up my current build at the time, etc. etc. I could look up the wiring diagram i needed because i did not know offhand etc. etc. but i was feeling lazy and impatient. I don't have specialty electronic tools to measure things to make them even or tune to a certain frequency etc. I did do competitions with quite a bit of help and was able to hit 159.6 before the head unit skipped (USB was new at the time) but again, i had help with doing that. I am a bass fanatic but i do admit i never do as much research as i should nor do i know as much as i would like to. I appreciate the help and the constructive criticism. Thanks guys.

I appreciate all the insight guys and I do agree for the most part. I know how to strap amplifiers, i did not know what the gain actually did, only gain match I've ever done is the volt meter at home thing which is so inaccurate i prefer not to do it. I posted electrical further up but didn't add that i currently have a 270 amp Ohio Generator brand alternator. I've had systems over 15k+ watts (means little because more is based on setup). I've had systems 12 - 12"s or 2 18's, or even 4 - 15" before, 9 amps at one time ,I've used 8's as mids before (paired with 6.5's, 5"s, and many tweets, etc. 8 layers of extreme Dynamat in current vehicle, previously used Epic 160's, 6XS, screens, multiple batteries (some from Alma gates' vehicle when she had world record for Kicker, and were signed by her) I've had about 6 different BIG builds, multiple vehicles, etc. etc. the list could go on but i definitely don't claim to know a lot about car stereo systems. I just research enough to see whats out there, see whats new, set up my current build at the time, etc. etc. I could look up the wiring diagram i needed because i did not know offhand etc. etc. but i was feeling lazy and impatient. I don't have specialty electronic tools to measure things to make them even or tune to a certain frequency etc. I did do competitions with quite a bit of help and was able to hit 159.6 before the head unit skipped (USB was new at the time) but again, i had help with doing that. I am a bass fanatic but i do admit i never do as much research as i should nor do i know as much as i would like to. I appreciate the help and the constructive criticism. Thanks guys.

with all this "experience" you shouldnt need to ask anyone here anything, especially about wiring subs and thinking you can get 1 ohm from 6 subs. good try.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I'm calling BS. There is no way you just "stumbled" into a 159+

If you had a car that was that loud, you'd know what you are doing.

I want pictures. Because I just lost all respect for you.

If your shop has experience with big builds, and you don't. Why not just take the vehicle to them and have them install it?

Archived