Second Skin Audio

Selecting appropriate quantity of subs

Hello, I have Qty. 2 - T2500 Rockford amps and I was thinking DD sub but i think i am going to keep everything Rockford, I want 15" Power series subs. I am connecting these amps together to act as one 5kx1 and I am wondering (apart from doing the math) what some real world advice for quantity of these subs, Minimum 4 but would like to have possibly 6, will these 2 amps piggy backed together efficiently power Qty. 6 - T2 15" Power DVC subs? Thoughts? I don't want wasted amp power and i definitely don't want the subs to be over powered, nor do i want them to be unpowered per say, longevity is the key, box will be ported, and this is NOT for competitions, just daily pounding etc. Any insight would be much appreciated, thanks in advance

-Chris

BUMP

Basically I'm asking if from a performance stand point i would be better off running 4 - 15" Rockford T2 Powers or 6 As in between the two options which will perform better under those power ratings?

single alternator 270 amp, secondary batteries, triple 3 under hood, 0 gauge wire for everything (8 gauge speaker wire) ported box, etc.

I want to run 6 but not sure if i will push them as much. Any real world reason i should choose one amount over another?

Anything you can wire to the minimum output impedance of your amp will transfer the most power, but also and really important is that the subs can fit on your space, about 3 cubes net per sub so for 6 you will need over 18 cubes net, not everyone has that.

Anything you can wire to the minimum output impedance of your amp will transfer the most power, but also and really important is that the subs can fit on your space, about 3 cubes net per sub so for 6 you will need over 18 cubes net, not everyone has that.

Gotcha, thanks. Yea, i got space, had 4 -15", then 12- 12", then 2 - 18" and the 18's had 10 cubic feet each etc. Anyways, yea, I will be stable at 1 OHM (5000 RMS) but I am wondering if QTY. 6 - subs that are 1200 RMS / 2400 Peak will not quite get powered like they should? I could get the T1 instead 1000/2000 or the T0 800/1600 but i would really like the T2. I dont want the gains on the amp maxxed out but i also don't want them turned merely half way (waste of amplifier) so i was just curious what some more experience ground pounders would recommend. Preferably qty. 6 - 15" subs, most likely Rockford...unless someone can talk me into some DD's (and which ones? lol)

Thanks again in advance

why bother to ask for advice if you have your mind made up on 6 15s already?

by your description of how you want to run the amps you should just go with the 6 T0's 850w subs

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

why bother to ask for advice if you have your mind made up on 6 15s already?

by your description of how you want to run the amps you should just go with the 6 T0's 850w subs

I was thinking while asking was all.

T0 huh.......

Anyone with a 6 sub to 2/1 amp diagram for 1 OHM load?

You can't wire to 1 ohm. You can get close. But not exactly 1.

What coils do you have?

Archived