Jump to content

Ground noise


Guest

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've been having slight ground noise in my front left tweeter that I've been trying to eliminate, I've tried running the RCA straight from the HU to the amp going across the seats (not under anything) as well as rewiring the wire between the xover and the tweet.

I've tried swapping xovers, swapping the RCAs on the amp to see if it would go to the right tweeter, and it doesn't.

Today I swapped out the amp, and the ground noise got worse!

This of course happens whenever I accelerate.

This is the first install I've ever done, I'm not a complete idiot like most people who ask for help, but there are a lot of things that I don't know.

The setup is current 0 gauge running from the battery to a cap, battery on the cap goes to mono & 4 channel amp

Ground is to the chassis, sanded down and mounted w/ 3 screws, the 4 channel amp shares ground with the mono block as they're both grounded to the cap that is grounded to the chassis.

It is *only* in the front left tweeter, and it *only* happens when I accelerate.

Any help/suggestions/questions are greatly appreciated.

[edit]

The 0 gauge power is ran down the middle of the car down the left side of the center console coming from the left fender, the remote & speaker wire is running on the right side of the car under door panels.

Posted

Did you try re-routing the speaker wire that goes to the tweeter. If its only 1 tweeter with noise chances are it picking up something via the speaker wire run to the tweet.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

I have an issue like this, when i turn on my 3KW power inverter i get a humm when my music is not playing and then it lessens but at low volume i can still hear it. i had tried group loop isolators and i tried running a common ground wire between the components but still nothing. im curious to know what fixes your issue

nothing, gutted

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1483 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...