Second Skin Audio

could someone please spare 5 mins to look at these figures :)

TUNES

Well if you say they take 800W then do either option you want, just don't tune below 30Hz and see if you can do subs facing up/port facing the rear gate.

i have all proper electricals and im far from a noob lol

i didnt say 1000wrms, i said 800w and if you have ever seen jbl gt5s which are a legendary sub then you would see people are known for putting through triple their rated power all day long and the 1214 is the updated gt5

i have all proper electricals and im far from a noob lol

i didnt say 1000wrms, i said 800w and if you have ever seen jbl gt5s which are a legendary sub then you would see people are known for putting through triple their rated power all day long and the 1214 is the updated gt5

you said triple the rms. rms is 350 times 3 is 1050.

edit: regardless, i dont see that small coil taking that amount of clamped power. put it on an 800rms amp and it'll probably be seeing like 500 watts if that. im just saying man.

27 Hz tune is to low for daily in my opinion. It's more of what an SQ setup would be tuned to. 6 12" subs is far from an SQ setup though. Tge thing about running that low, your gonna have a serious roll off and loss of output in the range of bass that MOST people want, low 40s and up. Also according to your volume, you're only rocking around 8 square inches of port per foot. If these subs are the monsters you say they are, and have good mechanical excursion, I'd give them now port.

I agree that most 2" coils are not taking 1000 Watts daily, but the Sundown SA8 us a good exception to the rule. Your sub may be another exception to the rule, Im unfamiliar and haven't given JBLa serious look in years.

I'm curious how you setting these up as far as configuration. You're wanting a big rectangular vent that shares no common walls? Or will this port be along the bottom edge of the box?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

tbh im now stuck as ive built little boxes before in the past but this is my first big box and i paid a guy for a design and he run off and dissapeared so only option left for me is a trial and error scheme

the plan was for up facing subs and a rear firing port against tailgate

these are same amps i have and identical specification subs but i guess im better with off with 4 subs and 2 amps

im open to any advice and offers to help and rep will be given :)

im just trying to learn so if people are going to flame me then maybe your not the person im looking for to help me as i would help anyone

Who's flaming? I don't see any of that here yet. That video you posted looks like JP with the Vanilla Ice haircut. Aside from that debacle, that vehicle those subs and amps are in, looks SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than a Passat wagon.The rear of a wagon would also be widely considered as a cargo area, not a boot. I understand the European and Australian boys refer to the trunk as a boot and hood as a bonnet. A hatch with a cargo area is just a cargo area though.

As far as wiring it's simple. Treat them as 3 Dual 4 subs

Screenshot_2013-05-21-12-16-12.png

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i can fit a 14cuft box in the back luggage are if needed lol

i will be running 2 subs per amp as they are 4ohm svc so 2 subs onto a single 2ohm load per amp

Archived