Second Skin Audio

could someone please spare 5 mins to look at these figures :)

TUNES

well i did the 39.5 x 18 x 30 / 1728 = 12.34 but surely the port, sub displacement and bracing wouldnt take up 4.35 cuft would it?

well i did the 39.5 x 18 x 30 / 1728 = 12.34 but surely the port, sub displacement and bracing wouldnt take up 4.35 cuft would it?

those are the external dimensions. internal comes to 10.66 cuft. gotta remember to take out the thickness of the wood and the double baffle

WTF? Hybrid parking? Really? What the hell is going on with these smug bastards?! I want gas guzzler parking right up front so i dont have to circle the parking lot 40 times and ruin the enviroment.

You are using EXTERNAL dimensions, you're not accounting for .75" of wood on all sides. So you need to subtract 1.5" from each of the dimensions you listed to find internal volume. You will then need to calculate for displacement of the port, bracing and subs. That number will be your internal NET volume.

-Edit: I did not see that your running a double baffle, add another .75" to that dimension.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

27 Hz tune is to low for daily in my opinion. It's more of what an SQ setup would be tuned to.

and what in the hell, exactly, constitutes a daily system? for me i want something i listen to every day to sound good.
It should be tuned to your car and suited for the type of music you listen to not to make an RTA happy. ;)
[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

27 Hz tune is to low for daily in my opinion. It's more of what an SQ setup would be tuned to.

and what in the hell, exactly, constitutes a daily system? for me i want something i listen to every day to sound good.
It should be tuned to your car and suited for the type of music you listen to not to make an RTA happy. ;)

and you will never make an rta completely happy, youll drive yourself insane trying to.

the best sounding daily system i ever had was bass reflex tuned at 22hz. i miss that system more than any i ever had. also, ironically, it was about the loudest i had as well. one 18" kicker solo-x on 2 kicker kx2500.1's in a non walled setup.. door open 25hz was 150+ on termlab on the dash, 33hz was a 153 door open on termlab. plenty loud but it sounded amazing when adjusted for daily driving.

not trying to be an ass, but you should be a little more cautious with your blind assumptions.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Well like I originally said.....im here trying to learn so if you think a different plan and layout would work then I am all ears buddy. I wasnt doubting joe, was just asking for help to understand it a little clearer. We will be building today and so far he is the only one kind enough to of offered a design for me and try and helpe out to learn

Well like I originally said.....im here trying to learn so if you think a different plan and layout would work then I am all ears buddy. I wasnt doubting joe, was just asking for help to understand it a little clearer. We will be building today and so far he is the only one kind enough to of offered a design for me and try and helpe out to learn

i dont do designs for people over the interwebs, i only do designs for vehicles that i have sitting right in front of me. the reason behind this is that it allows me to design to that vehicle. i can do every thing i need to do to get a proper design. i can design for the cabin size, cabin volume, specific power level, and i can also manipulate the enclosure a bit since i know the proximity of the subs / ports to the vehicle. i can get in idea of the frequency response of the vehicle, and then work around what the vehicle should like, to create a more optimal design.

anything else is just shot in the dark guessing, and just isnt right.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

yeah thats ok, was just asking if you may of had any input on design already supplied. i have done much reading about subwoofer box design and when people talk about frequency of cabins then i usually find that to be more about sq than spl?

Archived