Starter Clicks Several Times and then the Car Evenually Starts!!

My car has been doing this ever since I been making payments on the car (a year). I'll get in my car and try to start it and half the time it will start right away. Other half I have to keep turning the IGN a couple of times then it will start. Most of the time I'll pop the hood and mess with the battery, like moving the ground wire around. making sure Both terminals are tight. I'm going to try and strip back the power and ground wire incase there is any corrosion, but I didn't see any. My battery is at 12.6-8 when the car is off, so I

m pretty sure it's not the battery. When the car starts, after a while it start up fine, like nothing was wrong with the car, less then 5 second to start, 2-3 second, so I don't think it would be the starter...... I'm starting to think it's

* A bad ground or power wire (corrosion)

* Needs another ground from motor to battery

* Bad Terminals

* I have no more Idea, I really hope you guys have the answer because I've been looking online for the past 4 hours and all the questions are half answered with no solution

Thanks for reading!

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

I'm thinking about replacing the ground wire(s), the terminals and possibly the battery....i don't really want to replace the starter if I don't have to, I just want to fix this problem. but it's pretty much turn the IGN on *click* standby..on *click* standby on x10 *click click click* then starts right up, fast!

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

Autozone or other major parts stores will test batteries and starters for free.

Your problem sounds different than what I was having either time. Kind of sounds like it might be your solenoid on the starter but hard to tell over the internet.

Id pull the starter out and have it tested if its not too hard to get to. Then either its bad or not bad and you can go from there. Might as well have your battery tested too at the same time, its most likely good though but always nice to know for sure in these cases.

Next time rap on the starter with a small hammer or a ratchet. I don't mean wail on it, just a couple of firm raps and try again. If it starts right up then your starter is gettting bad most likely.

a vehicle of mine did the exact same thing. BAD CONNECTIONS.

ground, power?

seriously the dude who had this car before me tried to make it fly, there are wires EVERYWHERE!! in the back, all around the engine bay, a bundle under the dash, I swear I pulled a bunch of wires out and I'm still wiring my system around his old wire. My speakers make a buzzing noise, I wonder if some of those wires are interfering with my RCA's.....no he wasn't into systems, he was trying to make it a electronic hybrid.....on his own...

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

I had a 03 Si that the charging cable broke right by the alt, it wasn't charging the battery it would do that and all of a sudden get a boost and start just fine. It would run until the battery got to low.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Bad connections for sure.

Edit- And as far as all the mess of wires he had, you should get wiring diagrams of the car and start looking for stuff that isn't stock and start pulling it out. Who knows if he properly protected the wire and that would be a bummer to have the car burn down cause a short in a wire that wasn't fused.

Archived