Second Skin Audio

new guy to the site needing some input.

would a transfer line box be outta the question for this sub hooked to the factory amp and h/u?

You mean a transmission line box I guess, not if you have the space for it, those can be large boxes even for small subs, are complex to build and are made up of many parts.

Many factory amps work on a custom impedance, probably that may be part of the reason you don't get decent output, to me, any stock audio gear belongs in the trash can most of the times.

yes transmission line box. i have figured one up and it is just under 31 inches long, 8.5 inches wide, and 16 1/8th tall. tuning comes out at about 37.5 hz. not sure if i should do it that high, but alot of guys say build it to match the sub. so that is what i designed it after. 30 sq port and close to 40 hz. i figure a little lower wont hurt, and it wont be as high.

what do you guys think? i see alot of guys saying it takes no power to run a trans line, but, they all say you must have the amp set right. but i dont have any adjustment for my factory amp. LOL

oh, ok. good to know. the calculator i am using to get an idea of what i want to do asks for all of that. LOL still learning this stuff. i had never heard of this type of box until a few weeks ago when i was looking at buying 2 diamond 10 inch subs, and they were in this type of enclosure. and i may go get it now that i know what it is, but it is big! LOL

well, it is late, so i could not jam on it much yet. but with the minute i had the new box going all i can say is wow. did the transmission line box, and it makes the lil 8 sound much bigger. hits lower and sounds deeper also!

next up, a couple of high power 10's! each in its own transmission line box. anyone have any suggestions on 10's that will work good in these style boxes that will eat up 750 to 1000 watts for the pair?

Archived