Homemade Super-Neo Woofer: THE CHEVELLE RESTORATION IS DONE, dampener recommendations??

that fucker plays!!! LOL - nice job :D :D Now put some POWERRRRRR on it!!

STARTING V.2!!!!!!!!!

As per the request, here's what I spent the rest of today doing; Rebuilding the box to fit in "POWERRRRRR" that I stole from our home audio woofer (don't tell my mom)

And I re-did the rubber surround, shouts out to Chris Hammer, the rubber cement seemed to work the hold it initially, I'm gonna seam it in with some locktite PL to make sure it stays down. Thanks again, bro. I used a 12" bike inner tube and STRETCHED THAT BITCH across the 13 and 1/2" wooden basket rim.

Unfortunately I believe somewhere during this process one of the magnets shifted off by about 1mm, because the coil keeps catching the base magnet and it won't slide down smoothly, and when I play it hits it and makes a nasty metal noise. Because I don't want to screw with the bike tube again, I'm gonna try to get the bottom piece of MDF off and re-align the magnets and wrap them with something smooth and soft.

But heres what she looks like as of now:

Ran a few errands and picked up the makita on sale! SCORE!

002-10_zpsd3078702.jpg

003-8_zpsd8d14746.jpg

004-6_zps8091f8de.jpg

005-6_zpsf20803a2.jpg

007-7_zpseed650e9.jpg

008-7_zps35b2e08a.jpg

009-5_zpsd3356287.jpg

010-5_zps0b67dc89.jpg

011-3_zps3e2769dc.jpg

GET AT THAT PRECISION GAME!

012-4_zpsa1396c49.jpg

013-5_zps852cb1dd.jpg

014-7_zps8413d666.jpg

018-3_zps50570dfb.jpg

015-4_zps6df44605.jpg

016-4_zpsea057810.jpg

Once I get the magnet alignment figured out tomorrow I'll keep working to get it running ASAP. If you're lucky, I might have it running by tomorrow night and have a new video, where it's eating some REAL power......

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Congrats bro! Been following your build. Seems like your hard work has paid off!

One small question.... Is the polarity correct? Seems like the speaker is pulsing inward?

Just a thought....

Wooowwww, and I was snickering in my head this whole time thinking, "oh good nobody noticed I had it wired up backwards" lol. I didn't even notice when I was filming because I basically ran downstairs, because I was late to watch fast and furious 6 , so I stripped some 8 gauge, plugged it in and played, then uploaded it and left. lol

But yeah it was definitely reversed. I think that could be one possibility as to what screwed up my magnets alignment..............

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

Kick ass job kid. V.2 will be even better.

Just doin' my thing in the car audio. Still working on getting build forums up.

Gen Coupe

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188409-2013-38-genesis-coupe-track-when-speed-meets-bass/

Kick ass job kid. V.2 will be even better.

Thanks! And yeah I bet it will be, I have insomnia so tonight was a sleepless think-tank for me. But I know everything I want to do now at least lol. I also decided I'm gonna rebuild the basket so that it will hang in the box better and handle a better spider system. And I will probably make a new coil, something a little wider so it's not so damn close to the magnets.

I missed Alan.

That surround looks awesome man, almost looks like a production surround.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

That surround looks awesome man, almost looks like a production surround.

Right?! How good does that damn inner tube look? I put it on and thought, "Well everyone on the forums is gonna think I'm cheating a bought a real foam-surround now." haha

I missed Alan.

If my physics teacher assigns us a project next year :peepwall:

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

I'm liking the new surround

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Archived