Homemade Super-Neo Woofer: THE CHEVELLE RESTORATION IS DONE, dampener recommendations??

Couldn't you change coil impedance by size of coil wire?

Yes, and wire material

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

So I kinda got a little bit of coil practice in today, to try out aluminum flat wire before the magnets get here, and despite what I thought would be easier to wind, the aluminum proves to be a real pain to wind very evenly and correctly. Not sure why exactly, I thought the flatness would make it easier, but I guess since your winding up and downwards, having that edge is harder than a thin round wire that can just slip off any coils you over-wound on, whereas the edged aluminum can't and you have to unwind alot more.

I suggest using copper round wire for your first coils, then moving up to aluminum

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

You might have the magnets "upside down"

Neither phase nor magnet orientation would cause the sub to suck in.

I'd be willing to bet it's because of the weight of the cone / loose suspension. Sometimes it's a box design too

Try this: Flip the box upsideown so the sub is facing down and see if it pushes out this time

Technically that depends what is causing the sub to "suck down". If its the coil being energized then its magnetic pole direction, but then the movement would likely also be continuous rather than changing direction. Given that the battery test works fine i'm inclined to believe its not the issue at hand though.

Since there is no external magnet structure and the coil material may be acting as an insulator to the magnetic/coil fields there may be an issue there. Alternately it could just be the amp. Maybe even the coils were wound differently to each other so there is more material from one than the other that is lower or higher..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

You might have the magnets "upside down"

Neither phase nor magnet orientation would cause the sub to suck in.

I'd be willing to bet it's because of the weight of the cone / loose suspension. Sometimes it's a box design too

Try this: Flip the box upsideown so the sub is facing down and see if it pushes out this time

Technically that depends what is causing the sub to "suck down". If its the coil being energized then its magnetic pole direction, but then the movement would likely also be continuous rather than changing direction. Given that the battery test works fine i'm inclined to believe its not the issue at hand though.

Since there is no external magnet structure and the coil material may be acting as an insulator to the magnetic/coil fields there may be an issue there. Alternately it could just be the amp. Maybe even the coils were wound differently to each other so there is more material from one than the other that is lower or higher..

You insult my coil-winding?!!? :D jk, It probably could be that, it was my first coil so I'm sure it ain't perfect, but the coils are pretty much even from what I know......

I missed Alan.

Could even be some of the enamel flaked off during winding allowing them to short.. coils are finicky things.

Also I meant the coil former before when I mentioned insulation, not the coil windings themselves.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

Could even be some of the enamel flaked off during winding allowing them to short.. coils are finicky things.

Also I meant the coil former before when I mentioned insulation, not the coil windings themselves.

It's just an anodized aluminum former? don't some professional companies use aluminum too? I would be surprised if the enamel came off too, it took me a while to get them bare on the leads, doubt guiding it with my finger would have compromised it, but it's definitely possible.....

I missed Alan.

New beast magnets are in, but until I finish the separation tool, they're gonna stay wrapped, to avoid killing anyone who drives by in a large-surface-area metal truck lol

003-8_zps96a62524.jpg

004-6_zpsded09417.jpg

JK ITS A BOX OF POPCORN!

005-6_zps49c641bb.jpg

sike....

006-9_zps199e80e4.jpg

007-7_zps9e11009c.jpg

I missed Alan.

maybe it chaffed on the former somewhere?

anyways, its just a classroom thing now so its not a big deal

Hammerdown... 1%

maybe it chaffed on the former somewhere?

anyways, its just a classroom thing now so its not a big deal

Mr.warren wasn't there today, he got strep throat, so I still have V.1, I want to use the magnets for the V.2 anyway so hopefully he forgets lol

I missed Alan.

Archived