help!!! broken home stereo amp

help i have an old akai stereo integrated amp thats broken. it is from around 179-84. it was working fine intil a few days ago and blew a blew a fuse right as i edged up the volume. i have since then gone through 2 replacement fuses with in minutes. it will turn on for about 1/2 a second then it pops. i just tried 2 more fuses and both poped. help i need to fix it.IMAG0280_zps97327898.jpg?t=1369529650IMAG0281_zpsbb3f9a45.jpg?t=1369529953IMAG0278_zps4f1ff414.jpg?t=1369529563

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

anybody?...somebody.?... :help::search::help::search:

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody can answer that question without measuring everything.

Just take it to a repair shop, or buy something new if you don't want to repair it.

I've had a lot of "vintage" audio, you never know what breaks on it.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

ok these old akai Amps use a STK Chip first listen REAL carefully to the output is there any buzzing or pops

id also Replace the Filter capacitors there the biggest ones infact recap all the caps . see if you can get replacment STK chips for the power section of the amp . also check the relays it could just be a faulty relay .. i do vintage audio repairs its a major hobbie these are the things i normally do ..

(- Ford Focus Titanium LW sedan )
REBUILD IN PROGRESS STAND BY

Those electrolytic capacitors are almost certainly getting past their use-by date, those will need switching, although when components bite the dust they tend to take out other components downstream. Any decent technician will be able to troubleshoot the issues for you, chances are you'll have a local guy who will be able to sort it out. Anybody who fixes TVs.

• 2 weeks later...

im done with this fucker other shit broke and im just done.... off to the trash it fucking goes :suicide-santa:

Archived