Can I upgrade parts of my alternator for more Amps

Yes it is possible. You do need to know more about your alt tho. For example the alt on my honda is made by denso commonly know as nippondenso i think. From there you can find upgrade kits for it. Most stock alts CAN be rebuild for HO but you got to weigh if its worth it or not. Bc some alts like my denso *cough cough* are just not worth rebuilding bc you can rebuild them very high amperage and alot of the import alts are harder to rebuild. You will also find that some GM alts will fit your vehicle which are a better platform to rebuild. Again is it worth all the hassle of wiring and getting a battery like and just changing it again in the future. Thats why if u can bite the bullet go DC or Mechman. No problems plug and play and RELIABLE HO POWER. There are others such as excessive amperage which do rebuilds basically and are reliable. Cheaper too. As for parts for your rebuild there is alternator parts.com or alternator wholesale parts. Both have upgrade kits or individual parts like your stator and rectifier.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

sorry I couldn't reply earlier internet problems

Yes it is possible. You do need to know more about your alt tho. For example the alt on my honda is made by denso commonly know as nippondenso i think. From there you can find upgrade kits for it. Most stock alts CAN be rebuild for HO but you got to weigh if its worth it or not. Bc some alts like my denso *cough cough* are just not worth rebuilding bc you can rebuild them very high amperage and alot of the import alts are harder to rebuild. You will also find that some GM alts will fit your vehicle which are a better platform to rebuild. Again is it worth all the hassle of wiring and getting a battery like and just changing it again in the future. Thats why if u can bite the bullet go DC or Mechman. No problems plug and play and RELIABLE HO POWER. There are others such as excessive amperage which do rebuilds basically and are reliable. Cheaper too. As for parts for your rebuild there is alternator parts.com or alternator wholesale parts. Both have upgrade kits or individual parts like your stator and rectifier.

I can get to know more is that for the each individual part of the alternator I was looking at DC's ones there's a 270 that I like the look of but its quite expensive and I was looking at mechman but they dont have any subaru ones listed I might have to find some weekend work I'm still at school and no job so money is hard to get a hold of I have only $210 after the polyester resin I bought

Unless you really know what youre doing I wouldnt rebuild an alt and try to go h.o
Gm big case alts are easy to work with but Im not sure about a Subaru one. If anything maybe eliminate your a/c and make a bracket for another alt?

Guest DC Power Kyle

My advice is to save your money until you can afford one. Keep in mind that your Subaru has a small crank and idles low. If you change that stock alternator to a high output one, kiss your idle output goodbye because you will never see it again.

Archived