Sundown Audio

Amp Tuning advice

Kenny Clark

What head unit are you using?

Kenwood. I can't remember the model....don't have my car home tonight...gotta go get a dead dump truck in the morning with the lowbed.

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

yup no problem just shoot me a pm when you wanna meet up

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Sounds good. How far north do u usually come into Maine?

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

I usually go up to Gorham/Windham/Standish area. I probably wont be going up till mid June though, need to save up for an alt

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

I usually go up to Gorham/Windham/Standish area. I probably wont be going up till mid June though, need to save up for an alt

Copy that. That's about 2ish hrs away. I guess I have some work to do....I don't really wanna show off my pos until I get it dressed up a little bit anyways.

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Kenwood. I can't remember the model....don't have my car home tonight...gotta go get a dead dump truck in the morning with the lowbed.

Try measuring the voltage out on the sub channel on your head unit. It might be putting out less voltage than you think and might be why you have to set the gain so high on the amp. Sounds like its putting out less than 1v which would mean you could turn your gain all the way and never reach clipping point. The sub channel could be bad on your head unit.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Try measuring the voltage out on the sub channel on your head unit. It might be putting out less voltage than you think and might be why you have to set the gain so high on the amp. Sounds like its putting out less than 1v which would mean you could turn your gain all the way and never reach clipping point. The sub channel could be bad on your head unit.

Ok. One more question...don't laugh, only asking cause I don't know, was I supposed to have the bass knob all the way down or up while doing this? Radio was all set to flat, neutral, no boosts. I had the bass knob all the way down. I want it so I can actually use it. Like listen normal then when demo/hammer time, crank it up! Lol

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

You should leave the bass boost aka bass knob at 0 this should give you some buffer when you demo so you don't demblow haha

LPF should be around 80hz

I believe the Subsonic should be set a click below your box's tuning frequency.

Leave the phase alone. If you have a pair of subs this is the same as having the positive and negative wrong on one speaker which could be your issue.

Make sure to listen for distortion and your subs bottoming out too. Your amps Low Level Input is from 6V-0.2mV so if you are turning it up the gain full tilt your sub channel is only putting out .2mV? Doesn't sound right.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived