Dd1 ?'s

bassinyerface

Dd1 my gfs system and on an old school jvc i got no distortion full tilt. Thght this was kinda weird. However, the speakers at lole 38> out of 50 sound like ass. I installed bass blockers as i figured this would help but no. Also i did her single 12 on a kenwood monoblock and on the -10db track its past 3/4 until it distorts i mean its almost all the way up. The problem with here headunit is that the bass setting on the unit controls both speaker and sub bass so i cant not aend bass to the speakers cuz that in turn kills the sub bass. Also the speakers start cutting out above 40 ish the speakers are sonys btw. Umm do you think i should retune it at like 35/50? But then her amp gain ell be like 100% up

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

Might be because you're tuning using the -10 db track. You set it to be 0 distortion for anything with a maximum loudness of -10 dbs. If you play something like Rack City for example where the bass notes are like -1 and -2 db then of course it's going to sound like ass. They're distorting by that much. Really depends upon what you're listening too and how loud that specific song is.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

What track did you use to tune the head unit? Using a 4 channel? Reading through the RCAs or speaker outputs?

Idk what track number i used the 0db track for her headunit and found no distortion that i used -5db track at first for her sub and she didnt have enough bass so i used -10db track sub sounds fine. Its the soeakers that are being driven off the headunit thay dont.

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

Check through the speaker outputs on the head unit too

Check through the speaker outputs on the head unit too

Wow all this thaught an for some reason i never thaught if that lol! Will di i bet thats the problem

Archived