Cj Hickman Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 Hey guys name Cj Im from Garyville,LA and I am doing my first major build and need some help don't know or have a clue about how to build my box for this build I will be running a set of RE Audio SXX 15's on a Digital Designs BD2 I have a yellow top optima under the hood I am buying another yellow top to put insode the truck and I am also running the big 3 upgrade and I have looked into buying a 200 Amp HO altenator for my truck the truck is a 2000 chevy Silverado ext cab 4 door I will be removing the back seat and building a stand to mount and build the box on top of so I also need help with that reason I would like tyo do that is so I can mount the amps and the extra batt. under the box and it can be hidden and also to be able to run atleast 2 computer fans to keep amp cool at all times and so the box will have a level area to sit upon if anyone can help tips and wisdom are apprieciated I will be getting measurements of the cab soon and I will also do the measurements with my seats at comfort driving level also I would like the box to be both subs facing up and slot port facing up or out toward the cab door
Cj Hickman Posted June 2, 2013 Author Report Posted June 2, 2013 Guess Im a lone wolf LOL guys aint showing no love to a newbie to the forum
Audio Customs Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 to the forum cone area http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/6819-cone-area-of-a-subwoofer/ 4th order band pass basic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/126478-basics-of-a-4th-order-bandpass-enclosure/ this is Torres box calculator My GUI Box Tuning Calculator Download - Updated 8/18/2012
Audio Customs Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 whats your max dims cone area http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/6819-cone-area-of-a-subwoofer/ 4th order band pass basic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/126478-basics-of-a-4th-order-bandpass-enclosure/ this is Torres box calculator My GUI Box Tuning Calculator Download - Updated 8/18/2012
MrBigs63' Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 Please do not buy a new optima battery. They are crap. At the least get a deka or a remy. Preferably get an XS Power or Kinetic. We really need measurements before you can be helped on a box design.
CleanSierra Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 NOT to hate, but you don't have one freaking period in your entire sentence. There is one comma and it's only used to separate your city and state... Plenty of guys will help you, but you bumped your own thread 20 minutes later. Give it some time for guys to find and read the thread. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Cj Hickman Posted June 2, 2013 Author Report Posted June 2, 2013 Hi guys and thank you lol ok I will look into the kinetic I was thinking of that anyway and just running the yellowtop under the hood and I will get measurements as soon as possible should I measure from the bottom of the window down or ??? lol first time build in a truck ive built small boxes for 8inch subs for cars but nothing this serious I just want something to beat up the streets with and maybe meter at siknik and scrapin
Cj Hickman Posted June 2, 2013 Author Report Posted June 2, 2013 I know I'm just not used to the whole forum thing yet. Sorry for the mistypes and errors.
MrBigs63' Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 As for where to measure, measure the max dimensions that you would like the box to be. If you want it below the window line measure to the window line. If you want room to lean your seats back, lean them as far as you will want them to go then measure.
Cj Hickman Posted June 2, 2013 Author Report Posted June 2, 2013 Ok I will do, Also Volvo would it be practical for just a quick build to put the box on top of my seat or should I remove it for the space? Either way does not bother me at the least....
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.