MrBigs63' Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 It will be very simple and provide proper airspace to build it on the seat. It will look much more professional, and in my opinion I believe you would be much prouder of yourself and more respected as a builder by taking the first route you listed. That is removing the seat and building a platform.
MrBigs63' Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 As for you box build the type of box you were suggesting has been done by several members on this forum, and I'm sure they will love to help. I personally do not feel that I am fully qualified to give you info on the specs of the box seeing that I have just begun to build them. I can tell you that you have two choices in materials. You can use mdf or birch. Birch is stronger and lighter, but its more expensive. A box of that size will need to be braced, and that can be done simply with 2x4s, dowel rods, or preferably all-thread or metal rod. As for position, someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that port up and sub up would be loudest. There are many members on here that can help you design an efficient and quality box for your application. Just give them a little while. As I said I would help, but I am myself a novice.
Cj Hickman Posted June 2, 2013 Author Report Posted June 2, 2013 Ok thank you so much, also I too agree that building a platform and taking my time with the build will make me happy and look a lot better at shows in my ride. On another note I just visited Mechman's site and made a cart I grabbed up all of the listed components I have not purchased yet was waiting on you guys input... http://store.mechmanhighoutputalternators.com/alternators/cadillac/escalade/5-3l/02-04/270-amp-gm-alternator-8247/ http://store.mechmanhighoutputalternators.com/batteries/xs-power-d1200-12v-agm-battery-max-amps-2600a-3000w/ Edit: Also I too believe Sub up Port Up is best as far as I've heard from my buddies..
MrBigs63' Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 That is a great battery and alt. As for the big three kit you need at least a 1/0 one. For your application 2 awg will be too small. In perspective your car will be charging your battery with 2 awg, but your amp will be pulling power with 1/0. Even though while running your amp will pull directly from the alt, when the alt is maxed out it starts pulling from the battery, so the wires need to all be 1/0.
MrBigs63' Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 As for the kits they are great from reputable dealers, but I have found that for some applications it is cheaper to make your own big 3 and second battery harnesses. I used knu kollosus 1/0 for them. Currently we are being sponsored by sky high car audio who makes bad a** wire and SMD members get a 10% discount I do believe.
Audio Customs Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 yes in your truck sub up and port up will work the best . i seen some set ups with port up and subs forward under the window line cone area http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/6819-cone-area-of-a-subwoofer/ 4th order band pass basic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/126478-basics-of-a-4th-order-bandpass-enclosure/ this is Torres box calculator My GUI Box Tuning Calculator Download - Updated 8/18/2012
Cj Hickman Posted June 2, 2013 Author Report Posted June 2, 2013 I will look into that, your most likely right I can just buy the wire and terminals from my local guy here at MST Audio...
Cj Hickman Posted June 2, 2013 Author Report Posted June 2, 2013 Thanks Audio for clearing that up for me as well, That's the way I would like to do this build..I would like for both subs to be up with an up facing slot port.
Audio Customs Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 Thanks Audio for clearing that up for me as well, That's the way I would like to do this build..I would like for both subs to be up with an up facing slot port. yeah it will work the best make that platform and measure width x height x depth and we will help you out best as i can cone area http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/6819-cone-area-of-a-subwoofer/ 4th order band pass basic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/126478-basics-of-a-4th-order-bandpass-enclosure/ this is Torres box calculator My GUI Box Tuning Calculator Download - Updated 8/18/2012
Cj Hickman Posted June 2, 2013 Author Report Posted June 2, 2013 Ok will do, my platform will only need to be tall enough to hide the amp,wires, and the battery so box will be same length and width of the platform...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.