Audio Customs Posted June 5, 2013 Report Posted June 5, 2013 i think sub up and port up will work the best cone area http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/6819-cone-area-of-a-subwoofer/ 4th order band pass basic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/126478-basics-of-a-4th-order-bandpass-enclosure/ this is Torres box calculator My GUI Box Tuning Calculator Download - Updated 8/18/2012
Cj Hickman Posted June 5, 2013 Author Report Posted June 5, 2013 i think sub up and port up will work the best Ok...well I already started cutting for port on the side lol, because I never got a response on here the other night and I was drinkin and decided to say fuck it cut it, It sounded good in my head but I still have 2 full sheets of MDF after the subfloor build and the pieces Ive already cut guess I can start fresh....
Audio Customs Posted June 5, 2013 Report Posted June 5, 2013 yeah you should be ok i haven't done one like that but it should sound good. but im not on every day cone area http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/6819-cone-area-of-a-subwoofer/ 4th order band pass basic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/126478-basics-of-a-4th-order-bandpass-enclosure/ this is Torres box calculator My GUI Box Tuning Calculator Download - Updated 8/18/2012
n8ball2013 Posted June 5, 2013 Report Posted June 5, 2013 Subs up port driver side THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
russtezecustoms Posted June 5, 2013 Report Posted June 5, 2013 Glad to see someone else running sxx 15's im running mine on a lanzar opti2601d. I love them they hit hard and get low. I heard that the plastic cover on the magnets can cause cooling issues so i broke mine off. Then cut the mounting screws off of the mounting plate in the back. Its a weird deal they screw the plate to the plastic then glue the plate to the magnet, i guess to make it harder to remove. But if you look at them that plate is gunna make the hot air from the coil circulate back up to it. It may not make much difference but i havent had any probs. I just wish i had a funny sig.
Cj Hickman Posted June 10, 2013 Author Report Posted June 10, 2013 Glad to see someone else running sxx 15's im running mine on a lanzar opti2601d. I love them they hit hard and get low. I heard that the plastic cover on the magnets can cause cooling issues so i broke mine off. Then cut the mounting screws off of the mounting plate in the back. Its a weird deal they screw the plate to the plastic then glue the plate to the magnet, i guess to make it harder to remove. But if you look at them that plate is gunna make the hot air from the coil circulate back up to it. It may not make much difference but i havent had any probs. yea I want to take my covers of as well how did you remove them
russtezecustoms Posted June 10, 2013 Report Posted June 10, 2013 To be honest you just grab ahold of them and break them off. Then i used a hack saw and cut the screws off of the back plate. There is no other way that i can see. As far as saving the cover? Good luck. Mine broke into 3 pieces each. I just wish i had a funny sig.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.