Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

port area vs. volume - a sacrifice must be made!


Port area vs volume  

4 members have voted

  1. 1. Less area, more volume or vice versa?

    • More volume
      0
    • Less volume, more port area
      4


Recommended Posts

Posted

It still looks like it's less than 13 inches of port per foot. You're gonna definitely need more port to get the most out of those DD's

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter

Posted

Once again, I agree with what I've been saying the whole time. You can NOT sacrifice port area or volume for these subs.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I have plenty of room to come down on volume. By the time I fill in with bracing I will be at 15-16 inches per foot. They are at 4.41 cubes per woofer in that design. It will be ok! I am sure of it :D

Posted

Good deal man, I'm happy to hear it. BEST of luck and please let us know how this goes. I'm very interested :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Good luck man, I still think the port area is going to be too low for those subs and that you might actually be better off with 1 15, but that's just my $0.02. Let us know how you like it when you're done. (:

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 537 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...