Sundown Audio

Using a 1200 RMS Amp on 800 RMS subs

Stephen Dunnington

Yes it is possible to wire them down to 1 ohm just wire positive to positive and negative to negative and then out to amp like normal and it will give you a 1ohm load

You can also check out Rockford fosgate a web sight if you want a visual on how it's done

Ignore this

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Yes it is possible to wire them down to 1 ohm just wire positive to positive and negative to negative and then out to amp like normal and it will give you a 1ohm load

You can also check out Rockford fosgate a web sight if you want a visual on how it's done

Please don't give out information without doing your own research first , you will blow other people's equipment !

You canNOT wire 2 - 2ohmDVC into 1 ohm ! Either 0.5 or 2 ohm

I'm getting rid of my alpine mrp500 that powered my 2 12" Kicker DCVR's and getting the Rockford Fosgate R1200. Now this amp is 1200 RMS@ 1 ohm/800@ 2 Ohm, and my subs are 2 ohm. Is it possible to wire them down to 1 ohm? I also have the option to get a Q1-1200D

I did not see where he stated they where dvc my bad on that part. But when stating what subs you have need to let people know if they are dvc or svc all I see is your subs where2 ohm not 2ohm dvc. Sorry once again

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer... :boobs2:

2 12 Kickers CVR | Kenwood 9105D @ 2 Ohms | Box tuned 39 hertz low custom | Nissan Maxima 01 SE 3.5 | I have no idea what my dB at :shrug:

"If you hear me Booming around the block then you better be prepared to call the police on me before I drive-by your house!" :roflmao: :asskiss:

"Boom cars so goddamn loud it ridiculous, hey excuse me what about your fartcan back of your car vroom, vroom!" :crazy:

Archived