Battery question

Do the under hood battery and stereo (inside the vehicle) battery have to be the same? or new at same time? or matched up so they aren't pulling/pushing each other?

Not trying to thread hijack but i think it fits into this thread.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Do the under hood battery and stereo (inside the vehicle) battery have to be the same? or new at same time? or matched up so they aren't pulling/pushing each other?

You have a few questions and we're gonna need to know what you're working with to give you the best possible advice.

Make a thread accurately describing your vehicle, equipment and goals and you'll get answers. :)

You have a few questions and we're gonna need to know what you're working with to give you the best possible advice.

Make a thread accurately describing your vehicle, equipment and goals and you'll get answers. :)

You need more info to be able to say if batteries should be matching or not? lol

Pretty sure my info is in my sig. but thats cool. Thanks anyways

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

So, If i am going to be running 2800w of audio shiz. Do i need a second battery IF i have a 250a alt (at 14v) and one XS D3100? Would there be a big difference in adding a second battery?

Best thing to do would be to get an accurate volt meter and watch what it does under full tilt of your setup, then decide if you need an additional battery or not. Does anything cut out? do lights dim? does bass get slightly quieter? So you currently have no under hood battery just power wire running back to your interior battery and you start engine and run stereo all off of it?

My own personal opinion is to have minimum of 2 batteries with an after market stereo system. I.E. 1 under hood and one dedicated for stereo with or without isolator. Not saying you need big expensive batteries but a little something to help with voltage drops, even if you do have Big 3 and other wire upgrades done, or high amp alternator. Just my $.02 find something you can afford that works and you won't have any doubts if you should have added a 2nd battery or not. Good luck

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Yea man, you should be able to find something cheaper and yet effective. I just picked up a brand new XS Power D3100 for $350 new

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

I run 2,200 rms, a D3400, and a 230A alt. Also have big 3 1/0. I have no problems. Extra battery isn't needed but wouldn't hurt. $500 for another battery? PASS on that!

So you think i could get away with it???

You need more info to be able to say if batteries should be matching or not? lol

Pretty sure my info is in my sig. but thats cool. Thanks anyways

I'm pretty sure you assumed I can see your sig to begin with. I can't because I'm on mobile.

I told you what you could do to get the BEST possible advice.

It's cool. You're welcome anyways.

The car is a 1970 opel GT, Moving the batt(s) to the back. And the car has no batts or anything in it at all atm

Well, since ALL batteries (1 or 2 in your case) will be re located, a pair of d3100s should be plenty of juice for what you are planning to run. You'll also have overhead if you plan to upgrade equipment later.

Also, pm an XS power partner here to get good prices on batteries.

Thats my opinion.

Edit:

Just noticed you already have a d3400. That being said, the 3100 is rated to support 5000 watts as an auxiliary battery.

Archived