Sonic Electronix

I'm looking for a system for a Jeep wrangler TJ, Something that is water resistant and element friendly. The only thing that comes to mind are marine speaker and amps, I plan to have the top down quite a bit during the summer, but I will put the top back on when it starts raining, When it rains here it really rains. I'm not doing subs just the correct type of speakers and speaker size and a speaker amp. Preferably something that is element resistant to rain, dust, ect.

What are some good marine products that will fit in a TJ that sound good?

**Edit** I also need a marine head unit.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Also, where would people normally place tweeters in a TJ? That's not on the dash? I found a good bracket online but it seems they don't make or sell them anymore, It was near the front floor on either side of the TJ just before the door straps. That would of been perfect but they no longer sell or make them, Says not for sale on their website. I can't make something like that due to the fact I really suck at bending metal or anything involving metal. TJ Tweeter Pod / Bracket

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Anyone ever use this amp or know much about it? Need a small footprint amplifier I found a place to mount the amp behind the dash of a TJ via pictures found on a Jeep forum. Seems the only way to keep the amplifier safe and dry from the elements. I just want to know if anyone thinks its safe for that amp to be behind the dash. notmine.jpg

notmine3.jpg

notmine2.jpg

This picture is not mine, nor is it my Jeep. These are just examples of where I will be mounting my amp.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Could also look into making a Plexiglas box around it with some grommets for wire. something thin enough to keep it reasonable like this.

http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic/Plexiglass_Acrylic_Sheet_Clear/Impact-Modified-Clear-Acrylic-030x24x48

You could also fill in all the wire holes with something like silicon for an air/water tight seal. Only thing I could think of is that heat might become an issue.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I don't know if that would work but maybe perhaps...I also plan to off road with this Jeep, so I need as much room as possible to put the recovery gear. Perhaps I could put the plexie glass around the amp in the dash, but that might interfere with the 3 pedals, I'm also worried that it might over heat in the summer with the plexiglass encasing it. Unless I can make holes somewhere and cover it with a material that wont liquids through but can let air through. Thank you for your suggestion.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I think marine would be the best option as I just couldn't think of a safe enough way to cool the amp while keeping waterproof.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Hmm, What would be a good amp that has a small foot print that can fit behind / under the dash of a TJ? The amp is powering these 2 sets of speakers, Skar RPX 5.25" and Skar VXI65 6.5. I just want something better than head unit power.

**Edit** Would be great if it wouldn't cause a fire while its hiding behind the front dash.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

How did you wire this up? It looks slightly different from my other amps through the online pictures, It does not seem like there's an RCA for input coming from the head unit to the amp. Does it only accept 10 awg or can I fit SHCA 4 awg in there?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Archived